#136 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Does this mean that you are tackling the wiring then and not putting it off any longer? :lol: I shouldn't laugh as thats what I'm doing now......finally :whistling:

#137 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Does this mean that you are tackling the wiring then and not putting it off any longer? :lol: I shouldn't laugh as thats what I'm doing now......finally :whistling:

Yeah ive finaly decided to tackle the wiring and it doesnt seem as bad as i first thought , most of the wires on the loom i put in seem to be redundent , and the digi dash loom seems prety strait forward so hopefuly it wont be long before i can fire up and see if all is good or not .

#138 hankins

hankins

Mini Lifesaver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hya mate, loving the build. What master cylinder are you using for the clutch?

#139 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

Paul, just a quickie

Have you tried fitting the lower half of your manifold on? They had some issues with the lower section clipping the exhaust tunnel and not clearing properly, they have sorted it out now but not sure if yours is one of there earlier types?

If it does hit then if you can and have a gasket for the top/bottom section you can get a small spacer made to lower the bottom half a bit more

#140 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hya mate, loving the build. What master cylinder are you using for the clutch?

Hi not to sure what clutch master cylinder i am using just yet , it looks like im going to need a aftermarket pedal box as the standard mini one doesnt fit anymore .

#141 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Paul, just a quickie

Have you tried fitting the lower half of your manifold on? They had some issues with the lower section clipping the exhaust tunnel and not clearing properly, they have sorted it out now but not sure if yours is one of there earlier types?

If it does hit then if you can and have a gasket for the top/bottom section you can get a small spacer made to lower the bottom half a bit more

hi kam hows it going ? . ill be honest i havent realy looked at it yet il have to check that out when i get a chance to get to the work shop .

#142 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi after a bit of advice of anyone who can help im realy starting to toy with the idea of a removable font now , Does anyone no of a way to do it without seeing fixings on the wings etc . Any sugestions much apreciated

#143 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi after a bit of advice of anyone who can help im realy starting to toy with the idea of a removable font now , Does anyone no of a way to do it without seeing fixings on the wings etc . Any sugestions much apreciated

A friend has fitted a removable front to one of his minis, with no visible fixings.
He bonded a seam onto the front end to match the original front end fixings, then uses the seam strip to hold it in place!

#144 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

A friend has fitted a removable front to one of his minis, with no visible fixings.
He bonded a seam onto the front end to match the original front end fixings, then uses the seam strip to hold it in place!

I dont supose u could get some pics and post it how its been done , thanks

#145 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

what i was planning on doing was welding brackets to the cat above the shocker then another one to the wing and boalt it together then weld plates to the inner wings and weld boalts to the wings so it could all be boalted together i dont now if thiss makes sence to you but i got the idea in my head :shifty:

#146 2-alex-2

2-alex-2

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Local Club: SouthWalesMini club

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

looking smart keep up the good work

#147 1380roadmini

1380roadmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

looking awesome, keep it up

#148 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well spent a little bit of time on the mini at the weekend was going to remove the front , had it all marked up where to cut and borrowed a plasma cutter but couldnt bring my self to do it so im going to leave it as it is . get it runing then drop it all out 1 last time for paint and a few modifications to the suspension mounts which im not to sure on how they sit . on the upside when the fuel rail returns it should be ready to see if it starts .

#149 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Kudos to you Paul :thumbsup: just as hard as it would be cutting through your front end and making it fit flush will probably be the same trying to work on it with a fixed front

Fair play though, you aint gonna get a much cleaner smoother look?

Edited by Kam, 10 February 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#150 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi paul haveing a bit of trouble geting mt altinator bracket to fit with the engine in do you have to boalt it to the engine before you put it in or can you do it after

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users