187 replies to this topic

#46 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Havent realy done much the last few weeks been sorting bits out and geting things fabricated , Did just put the bonnet on to check it all fits under and it fits briliantly , droped the inlet of today to be welded up and orderd a few more bits .
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Havent managed to get to much done thais past week but have sourced a nice power steering colum wich will fit in the car realy easily, and have discoverd that the standard mini peddle box will not fit either so im gona put a race peddle box in. atleast it means by doing this a can make a nice driving position , and be able to park the car easily on some nice wide wheels . Will put some pics up of the power steering when it arives .

#48 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

very neat build mate! have you got any pictures of the exhaust from the side of the engine, i would like to see how close it sits to the block. keep it up!

#49 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

very neat build mate! have you got any pictures of the exhaust from the side of the engine, i would like to see how close it sits to the block. keep it up!

Hi i havent got any pics of the side view i will try get some pics for you and try find where the exhaust was from

#50 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hi i havent got any pics of the side view i will try get some pics for you and try find where the exhaust was from

thanks mate much appreciated

#51 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

Just picked up the inlet from the fabricators , wich done a briliant job of the inlet , he even smothed out the inside so the air has no restrictions , also had him weld up the holes where the idle control valve should go , trial fited it and fits perfect and theirs about 15mm between the maniold and bulkhead , now just got to send it of to be powder coated to match the rocker cover,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Wow thats some neat welding!

#53 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

Wow thats some neat welding!

Yeah the bloke is an ace at it makes custom motorbikes mainly but also anything out of alloy or steal

#54 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

I like I like alot

15mm is more than enough clearance, engine rocks about 5mm max even with tired mounts, good job on working out the angle to get it right >_<

#55 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

I like I like alot

15mm is more than enough clearance, engine rocks about 5mm max even with tired mounts, good job on working out the angle to get it right >_<

yeah it was a real bit of luck with working the angles out i was gona go with the minitecs 45 degree idea but thought id beter check and it ended up being 60 degrese needed , how are you geting on after ur bike accident ?

#56 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

I thought I was ok but seems not, swelling on my knee has gone down now after a couple of weeks but theres still pain there and seems there is something sticking out when I bend my knee which definitely was not there before and is alot different to my other knee and not normal! might be broken/chipped bone might be a blood clot >_< docs not sure either so need to get it checked out properly, problem is I've been out on my temporary runaround bike going to work and out enjoying my other 600 straight after the accident unaware of my knee issue

Posted Image

But my knee needs looking at now, and I haven't been able to do much on the mini either which is winding me up chronic, very chronic, the engine builder has got my 2.0 block and is working his magic on it as we type, I'm getting him to build the bottom end for me as I don't have the motivation at the moment to build the whole lot, I'm still gonna build the head though myself as I want my mark on it somewhere

And I seem to be fighting my rear subframe for some unknown reason at the moment? Don't ask ;)

Its all going a bit pete tong for me at the mo :dontgetit:

I don't want to clog up your thread with my woes :thumbsup: but thanks for asking mate, appreciated :P

Back to yours, who done the inlet work if you don't mind me asking? Was it Bogg brothers? Might help someone else out in the same situation thats all

#57 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

as kam said in his previous post it mite be handy for other people who need fabricating on manifolds , it was done by chris heart , his website is www.silverbackmanufacturing.com and the bloke is a complete ace and can make anything out of metal ,

Edited by paul190181, 12 May 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#58 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

http://www.silverbac...ufacturing.com/

Nice one mate, his projects page on his webby speaks for itself, cheers for the heads up

#59 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Damn ive been reading this thread and now you have got me thinking. I was all set to chop up my bulkhead but now you have got me thinking about having this gentleman chopping my skunk 2 instead? :thumbsup:

#60 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

Damn ive been reading this thread and now you have got me thinking. I was all set to chop up my bulkhead but now you have got me thinking about having this gentleman chopping my skunk 2 instead? :thumbsup:

Im sure that hed be able to chop it around so it fits for you , He should be making me a few bits up l8r in the year like a alloy role cage and catchtank and all the brackets for bits and pieces , like i say he does a excelent job , where abouts is it you are from mate ? hes in drayton near norwich .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users