#76 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Just checked out the pic from the minitec one, does look in the same place as the oem one? With the rad removed check to see if your calipers are clipping anything on lock, obviously I'm talking about the allspeed setup frame here where rack limiters or different rack needs to be fitted but might be something similar on yours, I don't know the minitec that well

Another thing, is your tegiwa rad thicker than the minitec one? I can't tell if the minitec one is the same size as oem but in alloy, the standard ones are 27mm core and upgraded alloy ones are 50mm, thats a huge difference

Is your inlet only hitting the plug on the alternator? If so the original plug is a bit bulky anyway so maybe cut it off and just use spade terminals?

#77 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Well removed the engine today and took some pics where it was catching first , going to take the bits to be adapted on monday so hopefuly get them back end of the week , Decide im going to fire up the engine out of the shell before i put it back in just to check its ok , so 1ce it goes in again it wont need removing again .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yep thats close! ;) This is just one of those things though, end of the day you had to modify the inlet in the first place.......trial n error

Might be the picture but the gap (inlet to head) looks quite a bit so are you gonna have enough room to slip the plug on when the extra part of the inlet has been shaved back as it will move forward a fair bit?

Also your wheel lock to the rad could be where your alignment hasn't been done yet? settings all out and all that? but if its not that much hassle and cost to get the bottom outlet repositioned then go for that, providing you got the room on the other side of the frame

Ok, your crank sensor

You need to send off your crank pulley to Watsons so Geoff can cut the 'teeth' for you

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep at it, its good to see you've got your motivation back :)

#79 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

Actually, just looked again at your pic above, it looks like your pulley has been 'cut' there should be one tooth thats different, I haven't got mine here as my engine builder has it so can't check but will check my pics, hopefully I got one of it in there

#80 minilester

minilester

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

Actually, just looked again at your pic above, it looks like your pulley has been 'cut' there should be one tooth thats different, I haven't got mine here as my engine builder has it so can't check but will check my pics, hopefully I got one of it in there

at the shadow of the back of the "cut" wheel it looks as if the missing tooth has also been cut in.. so he's alright there ;)

#81 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

Im hoping that the inlet will just clear the plug for the alternator if not ive had the alternator in bits and i can do away with the fixed plug and just put a bit of wire out of the alternator with a multiplug so hopefuly that should be ok , as for the rad theirs an ice gap just the other side of the frame so that will be the best place to have it then i shouldnt have any problems with things catching so that should be a big advantage ,

#82 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

at the shadow of the back of the "cut" wheel it looks as if the missing tooth has also been cut in.. so he's alright there ;)

On Pauls's pic? you can see that? bloody hell I thought my eyesight was second to none!

You can see the "toothless" cut on my one which is yes in the shadows at the back, hopefully you can see it a bit better here at 7 o'clock

Posted Image

Its just one less drill so check your one again

#83 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

Took the inlet and radiator in on monday and picked them up today and everthing now fits and does not catch and its another top job done .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

All-sum :lol:

Did you sort out the pulley wheel 'cut' aswell

#85 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

All-sum :lol:

Did you sort out the pulley wheel 'cut' aswell

No i havent sorted that out yet but i have realised that im going to have to get another pully from some where and get the teeth put in it because the belt wont run on this 1 because i need a standard pulley with the three wheels rather than the single wheel one i have .

#86 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

I know what you mean!

Before with my alternator at the front (clubman) I was using the first pulley of three, now I'm trying to relocate it to the back using a butchered up version of your bracket! I now have to use the third (outer) pulley. My ruling is the other two pulleys will come in handy in a later life when the whoopercharger is bolted on or air con :lol:

Getting a new pulley and getting it cut up (and polished!) will be a pain, keep at it though

#87 izzy

izzy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

its looking lethal now cant wait to see more.

#88 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Rite not much progress on the car this week , but a lot of parts to finish bits of have been ariving just waiting for the coilovers to arive and a few other parts , hopefuly get the engine back in the car next weekend .
Posted Image

#89 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

Ooooh xmas presents :P

Is that your external fuel pressure regulator? And whats thats round silver plate with the four holes on it, its looks like a blanking plate I made for the hole in the drivers footwell I'm not using now

And whats that thing above it with the two 'trumpets'

#90 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

Ooooh xmas presents :P

Is that your external fuel pressure regulator? And whats thats round silver plate with the four holes on it, its looks like a blanking plate I made for the hole in the drivers footwell I'm not using now

And whats that thing above it with the two 'trumpets'

Hi cam the aluminium rubber gromet thing is ust a fire wall gromet to thread the wiring loom through the bulk head . and the trumpet things are for the heatre pipes to go through the bukhead rather than drilling holes and using ruber gromets . Yeah that is my external presure regulator , im just going to adapt the standard fuel rail for now then put an uprated one on at a later date . hows the progress on your mini doing ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users