hi mate build looking really well looks like some top quality work :thumbsup:

#62 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

Damn ive been reading this thread and now you have got me thinking. I was all set to chop up my bulkhead but now you have got me thinking about having this gentleman chopping my skunk 2 instead? >_<

Im sure that hed be able to chop it around so it fits for you , He should be making me a few bits up l8r in the year like a alloy role cage and catchtank and all the brackets for bits and pieces , like i say he does a excelent job , where abouts is it you are from mate ? hes in drayton near norwich .

Im in worcester so i would have to post it too him with an angle that I would like it chopped at! Really need to get the frame bought so that I can start measuring up. :(

Edited by Sleepy Stu, 08 July 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#63 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Managed to get a little bit done on the car today because i finished work early . Picked up the petrol tank from the spray shop and trial fitted that to see what it went like , looks lovely and shiny in the boot , and also managed to fit tighten up the hubs , so when i manage to get my self some steel weels at a reasonable price il put it on the ground and not on stands. i will get motivated soon and get the car running but with this nice weather i cant resist taking my bike out .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 JoneseyBoy

JoneseyBoy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Loving your build mate looks lovely. Thinking about doing one myself. Does the minitec kit come with everything you need to fit it ?

Good luck tho matey

#65 miniblade81

miniblade81

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

will that pump work like that in top

#66 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

will that pump work like that in top

Hi yeah the pump will work fine like that , its no different to on any injection car

#67 Snowman

Snowman

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Looks good man, definatly going to help me out.
May I ask, Did the Walbro255 pump just mount right in the tank or was there some modification? Will you have to run a return fuel line? Another question I had was how hard would it be do do the 45* chop on a stock intake manifold? Easier to cut away the firewall?
Best of luck.

#68 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Snowman - the walbro 255 is a straight swap for the spi/mpi pump, its rated upto 400hp so it'll handle pretty much most mods you can do on this engine, worth spending the money on

You need a fuel return line aswell, easiest way is to get some 8mm copper pipe from B&Q and run two lines, feed and return, if you can get some MPI fuel lines then get two of the feed lines as they are about 8mm aswell, but they aint easy to come by - or post! :-

For the manifold, send it off to be cut/rewelded, unless you can do it yourself, the guy Paul found looks to have done an awesome job, the standard honda intake is not straight so its not easy to cut like this, even the skunk2 is tapered on the outside runners aswell, the one used here is alot straighter to start with. But this is with Pauls frame, if you use another frame or make your own you'll need to find out exactly how many degrees you need, not easy to do

Out of the two - chop the inlet and keep your firewall

Sorry Paul, all yours :thumbsup:

Edited by Kam, 09 June 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#69 matthew25

matthew25

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

loving the work so far will be following this build nice work pal.

#70 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Hi havent posted any post lately as i havent realy done anything on it just had my apendix removed and since then im finding it realy hard to get motivated and get on with it , plus it all the wiring wich needs doing and im completely lost with that , think it may be time to call in a auto electrician to wire it up but we will see , so if any one no of any good autosparks in east anglia would be a great help ,

#71 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Good to hear your up and well though, don't worry about the motivation thing, it has a bad habit of cropping up again...... ^_^

#72 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Good to hear your up and well though, don't worry about the motivation thing, it has a bad habit of cropping up again...... ^_^

Yeah im hoping a trip to mini in the park should get the motivation back , and give me some more ideas

#73 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Well ive spent the day down at the workshop today , but havent achieved anything it seems to be 1 step forward 2 back at the moment , ive realised the inlet manifold hits on the alternator so need to get that shortend by 10mm. the bottom outlet on the radiator has got to be moved to the centre of the radiator so that it clears the wheels on lock , so its looking like the engine needs to come out again , but whilst its out think im going to plumb and wire it up temporary and check that it all runs before it goes in the car .

#74 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

Whats hitting what? what are you gonna shorten

Is the minitec rad different to the tegiwa one you got then? is is just the bottom outlet?

#75 paul190181

paul190181

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hi kam yeah its just the bottom outlet , it does look in the same place on the minitec rad tho , maybe im thinking their is a problem when theirs not , the end of the plenum chamber hits on the alternator where the terminals are , so just going to have the end cut back and welded on again so thats nothing to major .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users