Photo

Looking To Launch A Blow Through Supercharger Kit

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Gauging demand for a blow through kit (134 member(s) have cast votes)

If the option of a blow through or suck through supercarger kit was available, which one would you choose?

1. Suck through Kit (17 votes [12.69%])

Percentage of vote: 12.69%

2. Blow through kit (117 votes [87.31%])

Percentage of vote: 87.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 mini.cooper998

mini.cooper998

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

saw the car at the show today, nice conversion and very intrested but you had run out of fliers by the time i went by.

when will the parts listings be available as i want too buy the pulley set, supercharger mount and tensioner and alternator conversion from you but dont need the other parts.

cheers

Andy

#47 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

So the system was officially launched at Bingley this Sunday. The interest in this was overwhelming and we couldn't print off enough flyers and price lists fast enough. We went through two ink cartridges!! Below are a few pictures of the show we took through the day. Thanks to everyone that popped over and we enjoyed talking with everyone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its a shame the 12 people on the poll, that opted for a suck through kit over a blow through system, didn't state the reason for their choice. These are the people we need to get the point of the product over to the most but, without any input, it makes the task a little harder. It's all part of launching something that breaks the mould I guess with the more systems we sell the easier it will be for people to see the logic of it all.

Feel free to PM me with your email address and i will get some literature and system price lists to you. Or please visit www.slarkraceengineering.co.uk for more info.

The promotion we ran at the show launching the system will continue until Sunday 6th Feb 2011.

(Form sent to mods for trader account)

Thanks everyone and hope to speak to you soon

Edited by johnnysti, 31 January 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#48 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

sounds great, by the way the photos don't work you need to post the [img] link

#49 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Sorted!! lol

Me and computers don't see eye to eye all that often!! :)

#50 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Sorted!! lol

Me and computers don't see eye to eye all that often!! :)

Very impressive!

I wasn't able to make the show this year due to work load. Do you have a price list for the parts?

#51 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

It's a nice solution, but two questions:

1) Where has the IC gone?
2) Whay not use a plenum like this ? Would just look much better.

#52 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hi Wil

The reason we didn't have the I/C in situ was because we ran out of time before the show to get the correct pipes and connectors to keep it looking right. There were two I/C's in the car to show people. Im going to run with the 5 GT I/C sat in the space just behind the alternator as it fits just right with a great air feed.

And that plenum is just like the one we are having made for our system. Will be far easier to supply a custom plenum rather than source and modify a standard metro one

#53 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Understood. All makes sense now.

#54 MiniPower1275

MiniPower1275

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Local Club: MSCN

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

The suck through setup is very easy to install and don't need any bodychanges. Yes, it isn't the best solution....

The blow through looks very good, but will it fit with std nose?

#55 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

From what i saw at the show and numerous very lengthy discussions with Johnny (including a few daft questions from the pink haired Minx), it should fit in a bell nose mini without any major body mods.

It also fits so you can keep your brake servo and more importantly it doesnt have a hif44 carb dangling halfway across the engine bay which is a bonus :withstupid:

Edited by Darkscamp, 02 February 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#56 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yes. The slam panel needs a sliver trimmed on the near side and the support bar needs relocating further to the off side. The thing to remember is what compromises are needed to have the suck through charger to be easily installed behind the engine. The list of compromises for the suck through is quite long. I'm sure im not going to be the only one to say that trimming the slam panel is a compromise worth taking to have a system that is so much easier to live with and works. Guess i might be a little biased but hey-ho!! lol

#57 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

From what i saw at the show and numerous very lengthy discussions with Johnny (including a few daft questions from the pink haired Minx), it should fit in a bell nose mini without any major body mods.

It also fits so you can keep your brake servo and more importantly it doesnt have a hif44 carb dangling halfway across the engine bay which is a bonus :withstupid:

lol It was great chatting to the pink one and yourself!! Might change my engine number too!! lol

#58 boffster

boffster

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hello,

I was just wondering, what sort of specs is this engine running?? e.g. Power, Torque, Boost, etc

Also, the supercharger pulley seems to look different aswell and what diameter crank pulley are you using??

Thanks in advance :)

#59 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

As of the last RR session, the car ran 155BHP and virtually the same again in torque. It is also sitting at 14.5 PSI of boost with power coming in at a touch over 2000 RPM. The crank pulley is a standard MPi one and we have fitted a 17% reduced size pulley on the charger which is what brought the boost up.

Hope this helps

#60 boffster

boffster

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

As of the last RR session, the car ran 155BHP and virtually the same again in torque. It is also sitting at 14.5 PSI of boost with power coming in at a touch over 2000 RPM. The crank pulley is a standard MPi one and we have fitted a 17% reduced size pulley on the charger which is what brought the boost up.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much :( For my college project i was considering using the same pulley as it is already a multi groove belt and still has the rubber in it and to my calculations, would be suitable for a standard engine and road use. Very presentalbe and tidy kit though, looks more proffessioanl and better thought out than Jonspeed's, lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users