Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Hi,

We get asked this question all the time;

You never have to cut your bodywork in order to fit wheel arches - ever!

You do have to do bodywork modifications when fitting wide wheels and/or lowering suspension etc...

That type of wheel set-up will require cutting of the front panel/wing, how much will depend on your suspension set-up and quality of suspension bushes etc..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Les

#17 marsden

marsden

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Local Club: www.sheffcruise.co.uk

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

hi, im after a carbon fibre bonnet, do u do these? im after one with out a lip if possible, how much would one cost?

#18 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hi Marsden,

We have update the web site over christmas to include Carbon Fibre products but unfortunately we don't offer Mk1 style bonnets as yet. :sad:

It is one of the many products we are slowly working on at the moment. All being well, we should have them ready for the end of February. :dontgetit:

Regards,

Les

#19 marsden

marsden

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

my good they look sexual, will u have these at the bingley hall show?

#20 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Hi Marsden,

Yeah, we're hoping to take a few Carbon bits with us. :grin:

See you there!

Les.

#21 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

hi custom minis, im looking at getting a fibreglass bonnet mk3 in the near future and was wondering how they are mounted i.e. do they have to have bonnet pins or do they come with brackets on them to fit direct to the old bonnet hinges??

#22 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hi :grin:

There are 3 types of specification we offer - although or web site only lists the 2 most common:

Single skin: this is the outer shell of the bonnet only, no brackets or fixings and is usually fitted with bonnet pins.

Intermediate: (normally fitted with flip fronts) a single outer skin shell that is strengthend across the rear and has hinge mounting tabs bonded into it. The front of the bonnet is usually secured with straps or pins.

Double skin: a fully strengthened bonnet c/w hinge mounting tabs and the facility to accept your existing bonnet lock mechanism. This version is very very sturdy as it takes alot of frontal abuse when shutting your bonnet into the lock.

Hope this helps,

Les.

#23 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

also another question is about the flip fronts...
in all the pictures i have seen they do not have the lip for the front bumper or for spotlights. is there a reason for this or could one be made with a lip on if required???

thanks again

#24 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

Les, i know you get asked questions all the time but you know on your website you have "group 6" arches... what are they?

Cheers!

#25 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:00 PM

1 recommendation for your site.

Add the width the arches are. Then we can go and measure how far our wheels stick out then compare them with the widths on your site!! :wink:

#26 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

Hello, :grin:

also another question is about the flip fronts...
in all the pictures i have seen they do not have the lip for the front bumper or for spotlights. is there a reason for this or could one be made with a lip on if required???

Good question, :smartass: we thought about making a lip in fibreglass......but.....it would be hard to trim to the correct profile and need to be of some thickness. Instead, we supply a steel lip which you can get from Mini Spares for around £10.00 (cheaper than the labour time to make one in Glass).

Les, i know you get asked questions all the time but you know on your website you have "group 6" arches... what are they?

They are big versions of the standard Mini Cooper arches, same as our Group 2 style but without the extended lip. I think Huddersfield Spares do em (also called group 6) and Mini Sport (called Group 5) picture is on bottom of page 19 of MiniSport advert. Not a favourite of ours and awkard to make!

Add the width the arches are. Then we can go and measure how far our wheels stick out then compare them with the widths on your site!! 

Good suggestion, thanks :angry: Do the pictures not assist in giving an idea of how your cars might look?? (just looking for a bit of feedback on site design/quality????)

Phew!

Best Regards,

Les :grin:

#27 marsden

marsden

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hi Marsden,

Yeah, we're hoping to take a few Carbon bits with us. :grin:

See you there!

Les.

can i reserve 1 then? hehe

#28 ashmeadant

ashmeadant

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

Hi, Im thinking of buying some sportspack side skirts. Are the prices on the website including discount? and also, whens the sale end? cheers!!!

#29 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hi Marsden,

Just tell me what product you want (thought it was Mk1 bonnet, which we don't have) ??

Les.

#30 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:03 PM

thanks a lot for the info les :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users