#31 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

Cheers :D Looks a bit better now with some proper numberplates and the underriders. I am not a fan of the mahoosive arches though...

#32 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Looking much happier :D

Going to Darling Buds tomorrow?

#33 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

'fraid not Boycie, I can't really afford to and the weather is going to be pretty rubbish anyway!

#34 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

I think huddersfield's without trim would look good. I think the arches look pretty cool :D

#35 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Well I haven't updated this in a while. I haven't really done much to justify an update though. I've put my ported and polished cylinder head from my old engine on it and a nice howley inlet manifold. I also swapped the petrol tank over from my old mini as the one that was in this was leaking from the sender and the union that srews into the tank! Today I raised the rear suspension a little, moved the exhaust up a bit and pretty much fixed all the leaks in the exhaust. It's pretty quick flat out, but it's a bit spluttery on part throttle and lumpy on idle, but I think this is due to a lack of compression on cylinders 1 and 3 :( Anyway I shall be taking it to MITP this weekend, the first long journey it has done so far...

#36 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

Ok, so last night didn't go very well. Electrics are coming and going as they please - most concerningly the brakelights, sidelights and indicators. I think it's down to dodgy wiring around the column but I'm not sure yet. Then the back box decided to part company with the link pipe and make lots of noise very late at night! And of course everywhere was swarming with rozzers because of these riots and they gave me a rectification order for the exhaust :( Not a happy chappy.

#37 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Bad times mate :(
Could well be column wiring but check that fuse box first- may well just be corrosion and dampness.
Sounds harsh re the exhaust.. must have caught a copper in a bad mood! Need replacement or just a fix-job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users