Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

The 89' Mayfair - Aka Two (The White One)


  • Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#91 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

Possibly, but I can't sell them, grandad gave me them and you understand why I can't Dan :(

#92 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Possibly, but I can't sell them, grandad gave me them and you understand why I can't Dan :(


ya mate i understand mate im always here you know mate if you want to talk i know what your going through mate :(

#93 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Possibly, but I can't sell them, grandad gave me them and you understand why I can't Dan :(


ya mate i understand mate im always here you know mate if you want to talk i know what your going through mate :(


Never been called a mate so many times :gimme: lol, Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

#94 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:11 PM


Possibly, but I can't sell them, grandad gave me them and you understand why I can't Dan :(


ya mate i understand mate im always here you know mate if you want to talk i know what your going through mate :(


Never been called a mate so many times :gimme: lol, Thanks buddy :thumbsup:


Haha that's because you a really good mate lol

#95 Deathrow

Deathrow

    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

  • TMF IT Specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Pete sent me in the direction of your thread. He's been giving me paint advice too.

You look to be getting some really awesome results! If I can get the black on my car looking as good as the black on your roof, I will be really really happy!

How are you finding the halogen heater for heating up the work area? Do you mind me asking how much it set you back? I've got a space heater kicking about which I was going to use but I fear a small garage shaped explosion >_<.

Look forward to seeing how it comes out in the end!

#96 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hi, yes Petes gave me some amazing advice and I couldn't have done it without him. I had plenty heat. Cleaned the panels and work area to prevent dust, 2 water traps and 2 regulators. One on the gun and one on the compressor. Wear disposable overalls as they help stop lint from your clothes getting on the car.

As for the heater. It cost £50 and it's very handy and doesn't just warm the air. Warms the car/panels and keeps me warm. It's called a winterheater. I can get the exact name tomorrow for you.

:thumbsup: good luck with yours

#97 Deathrow

Deathrow

    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

  • TMF IT Specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Heard loud and clear on the overalls, I've not got any yet but I'm going to before I start. Easier clean up too.

I'd appreciate the details on the heater if you could :). Do you have any idea how much electricity it draws? I'm not paying the 'leccy bill see and I don't want to be having a laugh! If you know what I mean.

Cheers man! Lots of prep to do before I go near it yet mind.

#98 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hi, here's the heater. 0.16p an hour to run. Shop about though I paid £50 inc postage on eBay off a company brand new. They have no stock left though. http://www.diyweek.n...uct.asp?id=2326

:thumbsup:

#99 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

Delayed update, been busy, but it's getting there..

Drivers side is in paint!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hopefully have the gearbox back monday to reassemble, then fit the engine to have it running by the end of the week..

Updates soon

Dan

#100 Deathrow

Deathrow

    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

  • TMF IT Specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

You are doing a fantastic job on this sir.

There's no difference in the finish or colour between the side and rear panels. Great work!

#101 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

Thanks Mr Deathrow, no theres no colour difference, I always mix the paint alot before mixing it with thinners and theres no colour problems at all! :thumbsup:

Happy Days!!

#102 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

Ah, Will have some photos of some new goodies I have next update too, including, halogen headlamp conversion, new seals and some shinys :shades:

#103 minimuk

minimuk

    Camshaft & Stage Two Head

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Location: Midlands

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

love your paintwork, good progress, your are a proud man !!

#104 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

love your paintwork, good progress, your are a proud man !!


Thank you very very much. I appriciate that. :)

#105 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

looking amazing matey now to give me that bootlid you got :D

danny




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users