Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

The 89' Mayfair - Aka Two (The White One)


  • Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#106 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

I certainly don't ! ;)

#107 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

haha you said you would give it me :P

#108 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Well... Yesterday I got the gearbox back (thank you John @ Guess Works), so today I had a run up to Green & Whites Mini Centre with my dad to get an idler thrust washer and primary to bring the endfloat into tollerance. Today everything was built up, gearbox attached, transfer casing, new clutch, flywheel, new release bearing, everything cleaned and greased (clutch arm and plunger)

Was very cold!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back end being assembled, there is still paintwork to do, but I needed the tank in so I fitted the lights to save removing the tank again.

Posted Image

Genuine Passenger Door Skin

Posted Image

New Boot Lid

Posted Image

Also my alloys are at the powder coaters and should be back tomorrow!

#109 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

looking good matey and theres that boot lid you said you where gonna give me :)

#110 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

lol, no chance

#111 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

dam worth a try lol

#112 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

Alloys came back from the powder coaters yesterday... I was speechless !

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wub:


#113 R.S.P

R.S.P

    Super Mini Mad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Looking good mate, Wheels look great where did you use Romax or Motorcool?

#114 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

Thanks. I used Romax £35 a wheel and fitted my tyres free with new valves.

#115 R.S.P

R.S.P

    Super Mini Mad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Thats where I had mine done a few years, when they came back I could not believe how good they were, they looked like they had just come from the factory.

#116 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Mine do. They are outstanding quality. Very happy!!

#117 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

Been a long time since the last update, mainly due to christmas and new year, and then my aunty very suddenly passed away last week at the age of 42 leaving 2 teenage children.

R.I.P AUNTY ELAINE

The mini obviously took a step back for a little bit and will be back to work on it next week.

The funerals tomorrow (today if you are picky that its 12.52am) and i'm struggling to sleep so thought I would post why progress is slow.

Updates soon..

Dan.. :(

#118 minimuk

minimuk

    Camshaft & Stage Two Head

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Location: Midlands

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your aunty, and give the teenage children the support they need in this difficult time and time to come for them.

your mini is lookng great already, yes those wheels are mint did you whiten the tyres writing, where about is Romax?

#119 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thank you. Yes I done the tyre writing myself.

Romax is in stockton on tees, north east.

#120 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

    One Carb Or Two?

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Just had a read through and you've got a great build going. Keep up the good work mate!




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Bing (1)