#76 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Local Club: Minis on the run

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

I’m sure once its going again i will feel different, just waiting for someone give me a obscenely large offer for it

#77 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

......expense at this point, as i'm planning on spending £200 on another R/C airplane next month.

oh are you! how can i help you mr stubbs!? hehe.

#78 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

......expense at this point, as i'm planning on spending £200 on another R/C airplane next month.

oh are you! how can i help you mr stubbs!? hehe.

a big discount would be nice :thumbsup:

the wifes already been in the shop and seen steve. she's brought a few things but i have to wait until the end of the month until i can have them :w00t:

#79 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

today i received my Megasquirt ECU, so hopfully i can get it fitted and running before this sunday for the Mini show at Gaydon.

looks a bit daunting, i think i just need to rip out the old ECU, airflow meter and wiring, then just chuck the new lot in and see what happens.

#80 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

Megasquirt is in, but i didn't get it running for gaydon :- but did upset the neighbours when it got it running at 9.45 sat night
i couldnt get it to run doing both squirt and spark, seens it doesnt want to pickup the signal from the dizzy to trigger the MS.
so ignition is still just standard dizzy setup for now.
engine seems to run ok, but when upto temp it gets a little spluttery.
i also went for a wideband O2 sensor which i have not fitted yet, so will have to get that in and start tuning it all up.

#81 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

Its always a good feeling to get an engine running on something you have setup and even built :-
Wideband definitely helps with tuning.

#82 Howzter

Howzter

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

Hi V8mini,
Hows your Megasquirt running now? ironed out all the wrinkles? I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. Have you used the princess hubs and driveshafts? Or have you modified other parts to fit into the princess box?.........cheers

#83 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

Mini front subframe, with drum hubs and CVs. with cut and welded driveshafts.

#84 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

just like ed said, mini drum hubs (will look into disk's in future), and cut and shut mini / princess drive shafts.

still sort a few thing out. had old pressure failier today, i think the dip stick isnt quite calibrated right. 1/2 level is now classed as below minimum, see if topping up fixes it tomorrow

#85 chairchild

chairchild

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

haven't the drum hubs got obscenely small CV joints? Also, where the greasy poop did you find a princess gearbox from! :angry:

#86 Howzter

Howzter

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

haven't the drum hubs got obscenely small CV joints? Also, where the greasy poop did you find a princess gearbox from! :D

Thats exactly what im looking for Pricess/Ambassador gearbox, ive spread the word far and wide that im after one, so if im lucky enough to equire two, i'll let you know..............ive got a good lead at the mo, heard of one in bexleyheath under an old sheet in someones drive.........might even be really cheeky and charge em to take it away!! lol

#87 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

just happened to find a princess in my local scrap yard, but they are not seen very often.

hopefully the CV's will hold out as they are not getting any turning forces put on them. i have been looking for a disk solution, but this was an easy start, main problem is sorting out a hand brake mechanism.

#88 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ive started looking at the discs on the rear, once i get the calipers ill be playing with it :D

#89 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

going to work wednesday and just before i got there the tappets started getting noisy, and i noticed the oil pressure was very low. checked it in my lunch break and all seemed ok.
oil level was low on the home calibrated dip stick, but still should have been ok.
going home all seemed ok until half way it started dropping again. pulled over for a few mins, restarted and all was ok, bur again after a few mins it would start to drop off.

got home and topped oil right up again, but yesterday it started doing it again, so brought it straight home and walked to work (like i should do any way)

not too sure what it is, might be a sticking pressure valve, of blocked oil pick up.

supposed to be at small a local show this weekend, but as always afew days before an event something goes wrong. really seems like this car doent want to go any where.

#90 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

Are you reading it from a pressure gauge or just the pressure warning light?
My warning light started to flicker, but found a small chaff in the wire which was shorting.

When did you last change to oil? :D I suppose i could be randomly guessing for ages at this so ill stop now :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users