Photo

Tmf Facebook Group, Should For Sale/wanted Ads Be Removed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Tmf Facebook Group, Should For Sale/wanted Ads Be Removed? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the for/sale wanted ads be removed from facebook? Ads from the TMF forum can be linked.

1. Yes (53 votes [67.09%])

Percentage of vote: 67.09%

2. No (21 votes [26.58%])

Percentage of vote: 26.58%

3. I don't use facebook. (5 votes [6.33%])

Percentage of vote: 6.33%

Vote

#1 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Its been suggested that the TMF facebook page is being overpopulated with people who just want to sell stuff.

Do the adverts put people off or should they stay?

Should we just allow TMF'rs to link their ads on TMF and remove the rest?

What are peoples thoughts on this?

I think the facebook page should be used to direct new members to site

(Heres the facebook page.)

http://www.facebook....=group_activity

#2 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm not a regular viewer of the fb group, mainly because every time I've looked on there it's been for sale ads etc.

I've been on there a few times and people posted technical questions and got answers within minutes, which I thought was good, but it does seem to be weighed down by adverts.

Is there not a way you can make a 'discussion' part? I remember on the old facebook group pages you could click discussions and it was like making a topic, and then people could comment, and it wasn't part of the main body of the group

#3 Frank the Tank

Frank the Tank

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Local Club: Yet to find one local - ish

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think you should be able to sell on there.

As I said on the group wall, if there was a for sale album (wanted etc) then it could be centrally located. Sometimes it is easier for me to go straight onto the facebook page to see what is happening.

It should free up the wall from constant ads, the only thing that would move to the top would be the album itself, still able to see the discussions etc on the main wall.

#4 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Facebook should be blown up full stop!!

But being serious surely its there as an advert for TMF and should be used in that way ie) Information about the TMF site and to promote it.

I bloody hate Facebog, and Twatter or whatever its called

#5 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

We have a for sale site here, why can't people use that?

People could link their ads to the fb page and get more exposure that way. It would also mean that only genuine TMF users would benefit from it and not every Tom, Dick and Harry.

#6 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

From where I'm sat I can't see the point of TMF rules saying that you need to be a + member or have 150 useful posts if you can just sell on the facebook wall instead. Links to the TMF thread would be good as it means your add gets on facebook but you still have to conform to TMF rules. It's a bit unfair for the guys who only pay the fiver to sell on TMF and then seeing everyone using the facebook instead.

Just my opinion.

#7 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

From where I'm sat I can't see the point of TMF rules saying that you need to be a + member or have 150 useful posts if you can just sell on the facebook wall instead. Links to the TMF thread would be good as it means your add gets on facebook but you still have to conform to TMF rules. It's a bit unfair for the guys who only pay the fiver to sell on TMF and then seeing everyone using the facebook instead.

Just my opinion.

That is kind of what I think.

The facebook page should be used for the benefit of TMF users and not abused by everyone else.

#8 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Just my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Edited by mini-luke, 06 March 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#9 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

People could link their ads to the fb page and get more exposure that way. It would also mean that only genuine TMF users would benefit from it and not every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Surely the Facebook'errrs could put a link up about their ad on their own wall thingy anyway......why involve TMF

#10 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Surely the Facebook'errrs could put a link up about their ad on their own wall thingy anyway......why involve TMF

Much more exposure, only their friends would see it if they put it on their wall, all the people in the TMF group can see things posted on the TMF wall.

#11 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

I agree with beej it kind of defeats the object of the rules here, people should just spend the 2 minutes it takes to sign up to TMF if they want to ask tech questions etc

#12 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Finding it funny that 'Facebook' is watching this thread!!

#13 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just my opinion.

couldnt have said it better myself, but i did like MaxAndPaddys comment about facebook blowing up lol

#14 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Who votes less ads, more boobies? :shifty:

#15 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Much more exposure, only their friends would see it if they put it on their wall, all the people in the TMF group can see things posted on the TMF wall.

But surely its mainly your friends that would be interested in a 'mini windscreen wiper'....I doubt the average Facebook'er is surfing for mini bits.

And 'All the TMF group'' can see it on here anyway

>_<

Edited by MaxAndPaddy, 06 March 2012 - 11:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users