Photo

Tmf Facebook Group, Should For Sale/wanted Ads Be Removed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Tmf Facebook Group, Should For Sale/wanted Ads Be Removed? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the for/sale wanted ads be removed from facebook? Ads from the TMF forum can be linked.

1. Yes (53 votes [67.09%])

Percentage of vote: 67.09%

2. No (21 votes [26.58%])

Percentage of vote: 26.58%

3. I don't use facebook. (5 votes [6.33%])

Percentage of vote: 6.33%

Vote

#16 abe46

abe46

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Local Club: South Devon Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Most of my friends don't have a mini, so the Tmf Facebook page is usefull. However i would be happy with only posting links for exposure purposes to the mini crowd.

+1 for banning direct sales/wanted on Facebook. Defeats the purpose of forum sections on here.

#17 njathind

njathind

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Local Club: Chichester Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

I would also look into the facebook terms and conditions. It would not surprise me if there was something that stoped the account holders who host groups on the site from imposing rules about said groups. At the end of the day I can see your point about people not selling things on facebook as that defeats the point of an advertising fee on TMF but I'm not sure if you can actually do it and get away with it.

Might be barking up the wrong tree but check the terms & conditions and the terms of usage.

#18 coopdog

coopdog

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think facebook should just stay the same, this website has enough rules, let use have something!!! Haha

But the fb page is just easier and quicker to use

#19 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

I've added a poll to this thread.

#20 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

I dont mind it to be honest. I can understand the rules on here as its easier to be "anyone" and give away fake details and all that. I thought thats why we have the system now? to many problems with "noobies" selling items and disappearing? However, you cant really do that on facebook. It knows you and has all the information about you. Scamming someone through facebook is surely a losers game as a fake facebook account is spotted from a mile away and if you do scam someone, you report them to the police with their name, picture and location.

I dont go on facebook that much anymore (better things to do) but when i did go on that page, i just look to see whats going on and whats new and if thats somone selling a castle nut, i just move on to the next convo.

I can see the point about it being an advert for the site and rather be a "taster" of the community rather than retail page but isnt selling parts from other mini owners to another mini owner part of this community?

As i said, just my opinion, less valid maybe if i dont use it as much anymore, but still my two pennies :thumbsup:

Edited by redhotminilewis, 06 March 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#21 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

''''I've added a poll to this thread''''

I'm gonna start up 2000 new TMF usernames if BOMB FACEBOOK is an option

:D

Dont work in IT for nothing

Edited by MaxAndPaddy, 06 March 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#22 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

I would also look into the facebook terms and conditions. It would not surprise me if there was something that stoped the account holders who host groups on the site from imposing rules about said groups. At the end of the day I can see your point about people not selling things on facebook as that defeats the point of an advertising fee on TMF but I'm not sure if you can actually do it and get away with it.

Might be barking up the wrong tree but check the terms & conditions and the terms of usage.

You are totally within your rights to put whatever rules you like on a group that you run, if the owner/admin of the page/group wants to make up a rule and someone doesn't conform to it then they can just remove that person. Facebook can't stop you removing people from a group that you run.

#23 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

There is a Facebook page?

#24 Frank the Tank

Frank the Tank

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Local Club: Yet to find one local - ish

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

I dont mind it to be honest, and i can understand the rules on here as its easier to be "anyone" on here and give away fake details and all that. And i thought thats why we have the system now? to many problems with "noobies" selling items and disappearing. However, you cant really do that on facebook. Its know and has all the information about you. Scamming someone through facebook is surely a losers game as a face facebook account is spotted from a mile away and if you do scam someone, you report them to the police with your name, picture and location.

I dont go on facebook that much anymore (better things to do) but when i did go on that page, i just look to see whats going on and whats new and if thats somone selling a castle nut, i just move on to the next convo.

I can see the point about it being an advert for the site and rather be a "taster" of the community rather than retail page but isnt selling parts from other mini owners to another mini owner part of this community.

As i said, just my opinion, less valid maybe if i dont use it as much anymore, but still my two pennies :thumbsup:

Very easy to set up a fake account with a picture of some randomer.

#25 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I created the facebook group and it's proven to be pretty useful when the forum has broken in the past and even now, given people somewhere to be directed to and discuss any tmf problems including registering. It doesn't actually state how it's intented to be used, just a group for TMF members.

I've posted for sale ads on there mirroring the ones on here purely because my notifications on here get crammed for each time I sign in and I can't go through and check each one so I've missed several replies to my adverts on tmf itself because of this.

Facebook is a different format to TMF, I enjoy the freedom on there more but maybe adverts/wanted could only be allowed if they are from TMF.

#26 JustSteve

JustSteve

Puke-Boy!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

I've voted 'yes', because the ads are THE reason I don't check it out.

If I want to buy something I check out the classifieds and then check out eBay if I can't find it.

To me, the only reason I'm around here (and facebook) is for the banter. I don't care what people are selling... I care about peoples minis, internet findings, and generally interesting stuff.

#27 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I dont mind it to be honest, and i can understand the rules on here as its easier to be "anyone" on here and give away fake details and all that. And i thought thats why we have the system now? to many problems with "noobies" selling items and disappearing. However, you cant really do that on facebook. Its know and has all the information about you. Scamming someone through facebook is surely a losers game as a face facebook account is spotted from a mile away and if you do scam someone, you report them to the police with your name, picture and location.

I can see the point about it being an advert for the site and rather be a "taster" of the community rather than retail page but isnt selling parts from other mini owners to another mini owner part of this community.

Very easy to set up a fake account with a picture of some randomer.

You can spot it from a mile away though. If i had someone added me on there with only one picture of themselves, few friends and no long term activity asking to sell something, id stay well away. I dont think anyone would be stupid enough to fall for that.

Edited by redhotminilewis, 06 March 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#28 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Surely it is pretty simple, if TMF have rules on here then they should be the same on Facebook, otherwise, what's the point?

#29 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

I pressed 'Yes'..... Ban it Burn it then Bury at Sea....

But truthfully should of pressed..... 'I dont use Faceboogie'

So i'm doomed

>_<

#30 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Surely it is pretty simple, if TMF have rules on here then they should be the same on Facebook, otherwise, what's the point?

Would have to disagree, you dont go into someone else's house and start making the rules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users