Photo

Tmf Facebook Group, Should For Sale/wanted Ads Be Removed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Tmf Facebook Group, Should For Sale/wanted Ads Be Removed? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the for/sale wanted ads be removed from facebook? Ads from the TMF forum can be linked.

1. Yes (53 votes [67.09%])

Percentage of vote: 67.09%

2. No (21 votes [26.58%])

Percentage of vote: 26.58%

3. I don't use facebook. (5 votes [6.33%])

Percentage of vote: 6.33%

Vote

#31 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Surely it is pretty simple, if TMF have rules on here then they should be the same on Facebook, otherwise, what's the point?

Would have to disagree, you dont go into someone else's house and start making the rules.

You should meet Mrs Max O_O

#32 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

But it is our house, well its a room we rent off facebook. Its a public face of TMF and should give a good representation of us and what we do.

#33 Remylebleu

Remylebleu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: On my ones :)

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

although i have been arguing for the "you can post whatever you like" for last 15 mins on facebook.....ive just read something i agree with and found something out i didnt know.

1st things 1st, the point of "theres no point having a +member or 150 post rule for selling if you can post what you like on fb" i agree with this, atleast this way you either have to pay cash or contribute which in theory means your less likely to rip someone off and if you still choose to rip someone off you have to try a little harder to do so.

2ndly i didnt know you could join the facebook group without been a member on here ( i assumed everyone on there was a member here)

so........maybe if acceptance onto the fb version of here is by request only? as in you need permission to join and have to "inbox" the admin of the fb version (whoever that is) your username on here and then admin of fb sends you a "password" on here, you then inbox admin of fb your "password" and that way you have to be a member here to be a member there? might be to much work, but its an idea :D

#34 Frank the Tank

Frank the Tank

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Local Club: Yet to find one local - ish

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I dont mind it to be honest, and i can understand the rules on here as its easier to be "anyone" on here and give away fake details and all that. And i thought thats why we have the system now? to many problems with "noobies" selling items and disappearing. However, you cant really do that on facebook. Its know and has all the information about you. Scamming someone through facebook is surely a losers game as a face facebook account is spotted from a mile away and if you do scam someone, you report them to the police with your name, picture and location.

I dont go on facebook that much anymore (better things to do) but when i did go on that page, i just look to see whats going on and whats new and if thats somone selling a castle nut, i just move on to the next convo.

I can see the point about it being an advert for the site and rather be a "taster" of the community rather than retail page but isnt selling parts from other mini owners to another mini owner part of this community.

As i said, just my opinion, less valid maybe if i dont use it as much anymore, but still my two pennies :thumbsup:

Very easy to set up a fake account with a picture of some randomer.

You can spot it from a mile away though. If i had someone added me on there with only one picture of themselves, few friends and no long term activity asking to sell something, id stay well away. I dont think anyone would be stupid enough to fall for that.

Ah but my account is almost completely locked down, so you wouldn't see much about me if you weren't on my friends list. This doesn't make me dodgy but it may give that impression.

I purposely set up a fake account with lots of pictures of "me" with people and then just random groups of people. From there you just fire out friends request to any Tom, Dick or Harry. I was surprised how many people accepted my request, as a result my 'other' profile has more friends than I do. >_< :lol:

I have friends who have no wall and rarely update their status. Very limited activity in that respect but very real people.

It looks convincing.

#35 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

(15 minutes of my life I'll never get back!!)

#36 Remylebleu

Remylebleu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

But it is our house, well its a room we rent off facebook. Its a public face of TMF and should give a good representation of us and what we do.

damn right shifty!!!! haha

#37 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Surely it is pretty simple, if TMF have rules on here then they should be the same on Facebook, otherwise, what's the point?

Would have to disagree, you dont go into someone else's house and start making the rules.

But it's 'TMF's house'. We are talking about the official TMF Facebook page which is essentially endorsed by TMF and run by TMF so should carry the same rules as TMF.

Whether you agree or not, Shifty is saying that the adds are not posted on facebook in full, just the links to the TMF page so the only people who it would effect are those without enough posts or those who won't/don't want to pay for a TMF+ membership. The rules are there to protect the users of the forum, not make life difficult.

I really can't see why ANY genuine seller would have a problem with going by the book?

#38 Remylebleu

Remylebleu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

(15 minutes of my life I'll never get back!!)

ye sorry about that haha

#39 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

The bottom line is TMF is for mini peeps.

It makes you feel safe to buy and sell by knowing its within house. As far as I'm concerned the less links its has with FaceCrap the better

Sorted and off to bed xx

#40 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Night Max :kiss:

#41 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Definitely, definitely no adverts on there. It's just lame of people to use that rather than either pay a fiver or post 150+ comments on here to actually be a part of the community. Everybody wants something for nothing these days.

#42 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

I don't use FB for TMF related stuffs anyway (I can't because a significant TMF member blocked me aaaaages ago), so I ain't bovvered either way.

#43 pierres

pierres

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

I don't use FB that much, lets keep TMF as TMF no links to FB, If people want to sell or buy they can do it here

#44 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

'ang on.

What exactly is the point of having a social networking page for a forum, anyway? :huh:

Can someone please explain to this thickie why a social & technical network needs a social networking page? :ermm:

#45 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

To get more punters!!

Facebook is a brilliant tool for advertising yourself and attracting new members, if you use it right it can really put bums on seats.

You can set up events and invite people to them(digitally), this drums up more support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users