41 replies to this topic

#16 JustSteve

JustSteve

Puke-Boy!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

It's a lot of work and would probably need to be jigged up, but I would love to have a crack at it... Will definately be looking out for it, for sale.

#17 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

has it been parked in a swamp!!???

The condition (or lack of) the rear subframe is an eye opener

#18 CLM

CLM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

full floor and boot from m machine and your on a roll haha, just needs some budding restorer to have a go at it :lol:

Looks like a good project for Jagman!

Chris

#19 jagman.2003

jagman.2003

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Local Club: Owner of my own club of Minis

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

full floor and boot from m machine and your on a roll haha, just needs some budding restorer to have a go at it :lol:

Looks like a good project for Jagman!

Chris

Just seen this. Seems I've gained a reputation for trying to saving any rusty car. Probabaly true? I'd say it could be brought back with careful jigging. Like mine there won't be too much discussion on which panels to change, or sweep up.

#20 se_juggles

se_juggles

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Not all that bad.... mines just had a completely new floor in......

"you know what my grandad used to always say???"....

"GET BACK TO WORK!"

Edited by se_juggles, 08 March 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#21 Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

When was built as it must be one of the last mk2's? Is the engine with it?

#22 smyrk

smyrk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

1970 mate. I know this is gonna cause some s**t but I honestly can seem to find a solid piece init the photos dO make it looks better as the brown paint is like emulsion its held allot of moisture behind it and rotted everything. If I was to rebuild it would need everything so surely this would be the same as gettin a new shell? At what point does it become triggers brush?

#23 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

This website http://www.direct.go...icle/DG_4022067 says you you can get information about previous keepers for a vehicle now registered in your name – the fee for this is £5.00. Maybe you can get proof it was a police car.

#24 jagman.2003

jagman.2003

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Local Club: Owner of my own club of Minis

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

1970 mate. I know this is gonna cause some s**t but I honestly can seem to find a solid piece init the photos dO make it looks better as the brown paint is like emulsion its held allot of moisture behind it and rotted everything. If I was to rebuild it would need everything so surely this would be the same as gettin a new shell? At what point does it become triggers brush?

The balance of new shell to repair panels is all about time & money. New panels costs less, but takes alot longer, some welding skills & higher risk of misalignment. New shell is quicker, totally solid & straight. But as far as I'm aware you can't get a MK2 heritage shell at this time. Only a later shell. I believe there was an early mini on this forum that had been reshelled & was featured in a mini mag. But getting back to value in my opinion. Proof it's a Cooper S would be very important to it's value. Getting proof or any evidence it was a police car would be a bonus. I purchased a plain tatty MK2 last year for a few hundred.

#25 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

il give you a tenner :P

#26 smyrk

smyrk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

il give you a tenner :P

Lol at Todays scrap prices! It's slightly less than what I paid for it but thanks all the same lol!:)
What proof of it being the cooper s will I have. It's got a 130 speedo. Its got a couple of seat brackets on what's left of the rear seats. And it did have 2 hanging out the boot which I've managed to pick up. Also has parts of the rear tank straps left. I believe the wiring loom is different to normal and mine matches one I've seen in eBay. Can't remember off top of my head whether the logbook states its an s or not will check later if it should? What other checks can I make baring in mind I haven't got a lot of it left as I swept up earlier lol :(

#27 smyrk

smyrk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

P.s just had a look it appears your right about not being able to get the mk2 shell. Do you reckon they will ever produce one?

#28 miniman24

miniman24

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

You could always keep an eye out on ebay for a restored MK2 shell - Ive seen them pop up from time to time, at a fraction of the price of a heritage shell :)

#29 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I think Heritage were talking about doing a Mk1/2 shell that would be a bit of a hybrid Mk1/2/3, but ring 'em up. At the very least you are telling them there is a demand.

#30 smyrk

smyrk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

You could always keep an eye out on ebay for a restored MK2 shell - Ive seen them pop up from time to time, at a fraction of the price of a heritage shell :)

Ye that is one of my options but obviouy alot pf pople are against using another shell. at the minute I'm going to put it to the back of Ma garage and see if anything comes along. Got to make space for the next one hopefully this one will be in abit better condition. I've taken some more pictures so I'll post them up later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users