227 replies to this topic

#106 Big Man

Big Man

Put your trousers on---You're Nicked!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Big news from the big man! Just ordered a a load of more primer to cover the car in for when I get back. After 8 pages and different paint from the title, progress is finally being made.

Really cant belive how easy it is to be honest if the time is taken to prep...........the finish I have got with the liquid gloss is 100% better than my first efforts with Black "non drip" (Bought in error) on the roof so much so I have flattened the roof with 400g, will use my Buffer with a 1200g pad then give it a go polising...if it does not look right I will just re do it in liquid gloss Black.

Oh and i used the other one not the Dulux!!! Tight gerordie..Glidden cost £18 all in for 2.5ltr Colour match Ral 2008 Liquid Gloss.

Cheers

BM

#107 Big Man

Big Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Looking sharp there, BM.

I'm about 3/4 done sanding the bulk of the car, then need to go round the bits the sander won't reach before high build goes on.
Getting keen about laying some paint on now!

Still using a 50:50 mix?

I know it was killing me to put some paint on thats why i ******* up the boot!

yes still using 50 / 50 and the liquid gloss hardly bubbles at all.....I just kinda spead it as far as it will go and go over it again with the same roller with no more paint....I then dries really smooth. Only blemishes are a couple of flies and a a few bits of dust.

#108 Big Man

Big Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Attached File  2012-07-31 14.15.39.jpg   26.79K   9 downloads

If I get a half decent finish on the mini....This is Next !

#109 jeebz

jeebz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Looking good big man, you are an inspiration to all of us! ( well me anyway....)

#110 Big Man

Big Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

The wife called me something the other day...dont think it was inspiration though lol !!!

#111 jeebz

jeebz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Im trying to get the girlfriend roped in, but I think picking a colour is as far as her interest and patience will stretch.

#112 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

The wife called me something the other day...dont think it was inspiration though lol !!!

Haha we all get that sooner or later ;-)

#113 Skortchio

Skortchio

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Local Club: EMC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Damn this sanding is taking it's time!
Still not finished, exterior is mostly done, a few nooks and crannies left around the seams mostly. Just the rest of the masking up and then some high build can be applied!

How's it going BM, got yours finished yet? I'm aiming to buy a gazebo tomorrow and thus eliminate the weather out of the equation. Next week should be filled with coats of paint, next weekend should ideally see the car back on the road and in shiny new trim!

Minus the headlining that I have to try and fit...

#114 jeebz

jeebz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Back home.. Sanding done, nearly a coat of high build on, greatly underestimated how much I would need, so ordered lots and lots more. Just got to wait for it to arrive.

#115 Skortchio

Skortchio

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Back home.. Sanding done, nearly a coat of high build on, greatly underestimated how much I would need, so ordered lots and lots more. Just got to wait for it to arrive.

Similar story actually :P
But only slightly underestimated, Need to primer the boot and a rear quarter (once I finally tub the arches) Decided not to bother priming the upper part as it's flatted well and going black which will cover fine without a balanced base colour.

Still, here we are thus far:
Posted Image

Edited by Skortchio, 09 August 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#116 jeebz

jeebz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Well, as we are starting to put some pics on the thread here is a couple from me:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Packed the gazebo up for tonight and tomorrow. Got Olympic football tomorrow as a nice distraction while I wait for more primer. As I'm spraying the primer its leaving overspray dust all over the inside of it, so im going to have to wash it when im finally done with it.

#117 Skortchio

Skortchio

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Awesome, that's the same gazebo I'm going to buy! :D

#118 jeebz

jeebz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

make sure yoYu have enough sides. I used some from another gazebo to cover it all. Need to work out how to hang bonnet and boot from it though.

#119 Skortchio

Skortchio

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

This is a fully walled one, 6x3m which is enough to fit me and the car in. Bonnet and boot can stay in the garage - which isn't big enough for me and the car :P

#120 jeebz

jeebz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hmm, I may risk hanging them from the gazebo, if that didn't work it may be primed and painted in two parts or in the shower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users