101 replies to this topic

#76 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

The weather is the North Sea is too bad for the boat to be working, so I have been sent home untill it clears up a little. So for something to do today I have made up my cylinder head.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Forged 1.5 rockers..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also my silicon hoses...

Posted Image

I think I have also solved my 'weeping head' issue, and I may not have needed to have it skimmed. While the head was off I decided to replace the head studs and nuts in case 36 years of being tightened and lossened had caused them to stretch and meaning the were unable to maintain the required torque...leading to my problem. Plus I am pretty sure the garage had over tightened them in order to solve said problem. In the tech section I ask the what the correct way to fit the head studs was.

Someone mentioned that it is a good idea to counter sink the holes slightly, in cause the thred holes have raised edges which can cause the head gasket not to seal correctly. Lo and behold, the corner where I was seeing the seepage had a raised edge. So I have countersunk them today, and checked there is no lip using a metal rule.....they seem good now. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera to the garage this morning, so no pictures of that!

#77 Jasonc

Jasonc

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

It's going to look the Mutts!

Whats your plan with the rocker cover? Green too?

#78 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am going to keep the rocker cover silver...so I have something a little shiny in the engine bay.

Been busy today (no photos...to dark when I finished). Plus the missus is going to be home in a minute and I should put our tea on......apparently tinkering isn't the best use of my time.

I have refitted the cylinder head, swapped out all the hoses for the new ones and ran fresh water through the radiator and heater matrix to clear them of any gunk, fitted my new 4 blade fan (that 2 x two blade fans). Also, fitted the renewed wiring loom back in, though I still need to add a few connectors to it.

And for no other reason then I had some left over black VHT paint, I gave the exhaust downpipe a lick of paint before I wrap it tomorrow!

Why is that little jobs or things that shouldn't be techincal take soo much time??

#79 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Today I have wrapped my exhaust...and thats it!

Posted Image

Spent most of the day trying to work out why the head lights on my Accord aren't working. There are 6 fuses for the lights alone, my Mini only has 2 fuses in total!!

#80 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

It turns out you can't fit my exhaust down behind the block with the cylinder head on.....so all the effort the other day is basically wasted. So I have given up for today and I am having a cuppa tea and I am going to shoot some people on Call of Duty!!! i will removed the head again this weekend and slot in the exhaust before having to fit everything back on.

One step forward, two back......but it does mean I now know that and it will not happen to me again.

#81 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

As my wife was hungover from a works do last night, I have spent most of the day putting the car back together

Posted Image

Posted Image

All i need to do now is set the valve clearances and finish off the wiring!

#82 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

A small update, the car has gone over to KP Motorsport to be setup on their rolling road and to be checked over to ensure its all in good working order.

Hopefully all is good with and once its home I can start enjoying it!

#83 AndrewMini

AndrewMini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Wow, quite a build! Really efficient (compared to mine anyway)!

#84 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Look what turned up this morning, after my mates car getting stolen (and recovered) twice inside a week and my garage getting broken into twice last year.....I have decided to get a new steering wheel with a quick release. I know its not original, but security and all.

IMG_1325_zpsb8dba2b4.jpg

#85 Jase

Jase

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Excellent work, stunning.

#86 miniman24

miniman24

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Very nice, looks very similar to my Clubby, same paint and arches :) Keep up the good work!

#87 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

beautiful build!

#88 markje

markje

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

nice build

#89 Club-MAN

Club-MAN

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

th_MVI_1405_zps4dd50264.jpg

Car came back from the Rolling road today....

51bhp @ 5500rpm

69ftlbs @ 3000 rpm

Though that wasn't the reason I sent it there. It now accelerates smoothly through the whole range and on the dual carriage on the way home I managed 70mph (indicated by the speedo...so could have been anything really, it was very loud). The ride is smooth and it handles really nicely. I am very please, KP Motorsport is highly recommended. Drove home with the biggest smile on my face, and promptly got lost leaving the garage.....

I didn't have my camera with me, but they has a couple of Autograss minis in while I was there and the office is full of trophies as the guys race as well. Always a good sign when you take a car to a garage.

Today I am going to drive around and enjoy the summer!

Edited by Club-MAN, 21 July 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#90 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Local Club: TurboMinis

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Oh my loooord, what a beautiful clubman! Enjoy driving in the sun :D 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users