KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

What next? you don't want to put a honda in a mini??? :whistling:

Bulkhead is difficult, if stuff don't fit after then you gotta go by what you seen already

Lower it

You cheeky git! Thats my pic! Its not there for your fun and games you know!!!!! but it could be.... :shifty:

That b16 is still sitting here and looks like its not gonna be rebuilt any time soon.....so if you do get stuck then you know theres a breather box sitting here for you :thumbsup:

I'm gonna be away for a few days now so if your in a rush I'll take it with me, or I'll just keep it to one side when your ready

Oh and theres nothing wrong with 'completion' shots, we need 'em...keep at it, its looking good

Haha seeing it sat there with the big honda engine sat in is just making me want to make another one :D ive got the a plan for the heater now. A while before i need to start sorting that out.

Well thats very kind of you Kam, and i did at least advertise that it was from your thread :angel: I only need that lug, so save on postage costs. and no its not desperate, wont be starting on geting the thing going until i sort the rear out.

Kieran

#92 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'll put it to one side anyway, just let me know when, its not going anywhere

#93 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

On second thoughts just send it whenever you get a chance Kam please. Means i can get it installed and move onto sorting out the next issue. Could you PM me your paypal please :)

Kieran

Edited by KieranB, 19 September 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#94 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Thats the part I broke too, ended up buying a whole new can off ebay and it still only came with one in it, so had to make one working can out of two! You're cracking on well - that engine loom you've got on, is it connected in any way to the ecu?

#95 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

ye, thats what ive found when looking on fleebay. they come with the pipe that does into the block but not to the inlet. I didnt break it though :shifty:

Cheers, its getting there aye. Nah its just connect to everything on the engine and then getting minitec one to connect to the ecu. One of the reason why i was so interested in seeing how you had done yours

Kieran

#96 scotty_1987

scotty_1987

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Local Club: MiniBallers

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

just read it through its gonna be a quick little motor when its all done man :P!!

Nathan

#97 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Cheers Nathan, ye thats the plan. Even with a standard honda engine it'll be nippy. If only i could afford forged internals ;D

Kieran

#98 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Update time :D

Today brought the sound deadening being removed and also the rear subframe,

Firstly needed to turn the car around got a couple of snaps...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then set about the sound deadening, was a boring job but with the music on and a butane torch soon passed the time. And the result is...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Took it off the floor and rear seat. Not much stuff but was surprisingly heavy. But i wasnt happy with the result so out came the angle grinder and a wire brush on it. The result of that was...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That last pic showed the next job, which was reshape the floor where the previous owner had been jacking the car up and it had pushed the whole thing up. so heated it up and knocked ten bells out of it with a hammer and block of wood.

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

So put some primer on the rusty bits, not many thankfully. Then jacked the back up

Posted Image

Posted Image

After some serious arguments with the bolts and with the help of the grinder, the subframe dropped out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thing looks good, will replace pretty much everything. Will see how many bolts shear tomorrow when i strip the subframe down. Its solid but peace of mind would tell me to get a new one.

Left the car like this tonight

Posted Image

Also took this photo which i really like

Posted Image

:D

Next job, strip the subframe and clean up the rear end of the car

Kieran

#99 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

look good mate!
2 things..
the rear subframe threads are 5/16UNF x 1.25''... i had to cut a hole in the seals to access the studs to replace the bad ones. And if you need a tap them through. i have a tap which you can have for 8 quid posted.

also. i would advise against heating a car panel. although it dont matter on the floor too much. they lose their "memory" as such the dents never pop out. . thats why car panels from burnt cars are useless.

keep it up :)

#100 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I like the bins & matching house number in the first photo kieran, rossi would be proud to ride in your bin :lol: presuming thats your bin & house :shy:

#101 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thanks mrthumb

I got the subframe out without bolts shearing but used the angle grinder on two nuts that wouldn't go down the full length of bolt...if you get my drift.

Ye i know exactly what you mean by that, we have similar problems at work. Its only until i can be bothered to re-do the whole body with new panels which is long into the future.

Thanks for the offer on the tap, i need to buy a full set myself to be honest.

Kieran

#102 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

I like the bins & matching house number in the first photo kieran, rossi would be proud to ride in your bin :lol: presuming thats your bin & house :shy:

Embarrassingly that isnt my house :shy: my house is the dump next door. with a non-level gate and smelly unorganized bins. sorry to disapoint, i know ive let you and rossi down :teehee:

#103 scotty_1987

scotty_1987

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

i think the VTEC is rubbing of on other aspects of the build because your flyin through it haha :P!!!

Nathan

#104 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

i think the VTEC is rubbing of on other aspects of the build because your flyin through it haha :P!!!

Nathan

:tumble:

Cheers bud, payday is this week coming aswell ;-)

Edited by KieranB, 22 September 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#105 scotty_1987

scotty_1987

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

i take it you mean youll be buyin nothing but mini parts then haha...:P!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users