236 replies to this topic

#46 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Picked up a set of Revolites from Sam on Monday (cheers Sam!) as another option on wheels. I've always loved revos and always planned on fitting them.

I've started refurbing them - I've paint stripped one to remove the lacquer and powdercoat, cleaned up the curbing with a file and then got the polishing kit out to tidy up the rim.

Before and after shots.....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Question is do I paint the centres gloss black or dark graphite grey??? Everyone seems to have black, which does look fantastic, but I quite like the idea of graphite/anthracite.

Anyone got graphite revos on their mini so I can get an idea of how good they look?

#47 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

wow they've polished up well :dontgetit:

was nice to meet you Martin :ermm:

#48 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

Picked up a set of Revolites from Sam on Monday (cheers Sam!) as another option on wheels. I've always loved revos and always planned on fitting them.

I've started refurbing them - I've paint stripped one to remove the lacquer and powdercoat, cleaned up the curbing with a file and then got the polishing kit out to tidy up the rim.

Before and after shots.....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Question is do I paint the centres gloss black or dark graphite grey??? Everyone seems to have black, which does look fantastic, but I quite like the idea of graphite/anthracite.

Anyone got graphite revos on their mini so I can get an idea of how good they look?

Defo graphite/anthrcite nice project mate keep up the good work

#49 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

Revos will look cool and they're polishing up nicely. I would go with the anthracite centre - not quite as 'heavy'

What size are the GBs you have on now? I would be interested in buying them when you swap to the Revos.

#50 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

Cheers for the replies guys.

Sam - good to meet you too fella. Lovin' the 205, it's got me all enthused to get mine back on the road (even though it's only got 8 valves :thumbsup:) Definitely going to drive to Beaulieu in the Mini when it's finished, either for the autojumble or mini show.

GraemeC - GB's are 6x10's - dunno what I'm going to do with them yet tho'. Not sure how soon you want a set but it'll be a couple of months yet before I swap onto the revos.....

Stewart_GT - love your car mate - sooooo clean!. Mine was a similar colour before I rebuilt it (apart from being punctuated with patches of red oxide :P) and I loved it to bits.

Decided I'm Gonna spray up the first revo in graphite and see what results I get!

#51 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

Cheers, but I am after 5x10 (waiting would've been no problem though!).

Keep up the top work.

#52 fatmini

fatmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

hi ya

nice talking to u down at kels yard the other day ,clubby looks great !! u say in one of ur posts u had a polishing kit for xmas ,what exactly does that consist of ?,other than alot of effort LOL !!!!!

#53 1293gt

1293gt

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: nonw

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:54 AM

hi ya

nice talking to u down at kels yard the other day ,clubby looks great !! u say in one of ur posts u had a polishing kit for xmas ,what exactly does that consist of ?,other than alot of effort LOL !!!!!

Yes,
I'd like to know how you polished those rims too.
They look amazing (and very unlike mine.....)

#54 sheree&the-gt

sheree&the-gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Local Club: Leeds MOC

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

loooks larvlyy! =D

xx

Edited by sheree&the-gt, 12 April 2008 - 09:04 AM.

#55 Elisha-The-Cooper

Elisha-The-Cooper

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Local Club: leeds m.o.c

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Original GT steering wheel, later rev counter/clocks (compatible with electronic ignition) courtesy of elisha_the_cooper (cheers ben ;)),

no probs :withstupid:

xx

#56 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts
  • Local Club: EMC/No pub mini club

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

anthrcite would look cool and different from the norm, Fancy polishing some of my wheels?? lol

Edited by mini_kel, 12 April 2008 - 10:26 AM.

#57 erica

erica

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club Inc.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

this is looking fantastic
lovely colour!
keep up the good work

#58 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the kind comments guys.... :D

hi ya

Good to meet you too - would love to see the minus at some point! Where are you based?

anthrcite would look cool and different from the norm, Fancy polishing some of my wheels?? lol

Kel - What wheels ya got that need polishing?

For those who have asked - the polishing kit consists of a mandrel to fit a drill onto which fit a selection of mops of varying roughness. There are two bars of polishing soap, brown for initial cutting and blue for final polishing. This soap is loaded onto the appropriate mop and then the mop is used on the drill to polish the aluminium, starting with the rougher mop working up to the finest mop, gradually taking out the scratches as you progress.

The one alloy I've done so far has taken about an hour so far and that includes a bit of dressing with a file and wet & dry to remove kerbing and corrosion damage.

I've just spent 3 solid days working on the mini in an attempt to get it finished for the summer - will upload pics of the progress soon but basically got the headlining fitted, rear screen in, rear quarterlights fitted and door cards fitted. Windscreen is on order - thought I'd treat it to a new screen seeing as so much of the rest of it is new..... Will be heading back to fit that at the weekend hopefully.

Edited by sherly, 14 April 2008 - 12:16 PM.

#59 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Right - day 1

Before fitting the headlining I had to finish off a cr@p job that I'd been putting off for ages - welding in some nut plates for the front seats. The previous owner had - for some reason - decided to drill out the original 5/16" captive nuts in the crossmember that the seat brackets bolt into (the car had some aftermarket buckets bolted in when I bought it). I thought I best get this grinding/welding done before fitting the headlining......

I also fitted my GT door cards which I'd retrimmed the weekend previous......cheers to Kel for providing the doorcards and to chris (bert998) for the doorcard blanks!

Before.....
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

After......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also found all the door furniture out of the storage boxes and fitted it all (apart from the internal pull handles which have gone walkies for some reason. If any one has a pair of standard ones kicking around drop me a PM :D)

Day 2/Headlining pics to follow.....

#60 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

OOh nice and shiny alloys, heres so you can get an idea what anthrcite revos will look like well gray revos anyway

Posted Image

I spent ages getting the lips on those shiny and now look at them, never were as shiny as yours tho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clubman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users