#76 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Local Club: Weston Mini Muckers

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

gave the subframe to my mate to finish off at his works ironic really considering its sat in a police impound yard hopefully the rest of the car wont end up there!

#77 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

my old shell is up for sale if any ones interested also rear sub frame captive nuts are no longer captive grrrrrr more work contemplating chucking a a series back in it for now see what happening's in the next few weeks

#78 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

my old shell is up for sale if any ones interested also rear sub frame captive nuts are no longer captive grrrrrr more work contemplating chucking a a series back in it for now see what happening's in the next few weeks

dont do it!

#79 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

not the beige one the green and orange shell i had originally relax this project aint being abandoned! lol a series may got back in as a tempoary thing to get the car mobile while a sort out the micra stuff

Edited by lucas1amps, 20 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#80 AndrewMini

AndrewMini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

nice build, really not sure what conversion i want to do now :(

#81 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

If I was you if you want to do a easy one go all speed and a vauxhall 1600 maybe I've made this micra harder than it should be due to the fact I got to acomodate webers have a look about I just choose micra because there different and the wicked little engines

#82 AndrewMini

AndrewMini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

the main reason i have decided to go micra is due to the fact i can use standard subframe and just modify it, dont have the spare cash to buy a completly different subby. main things im worrying about with the micra is the location of the gear stick, im not sure if it locates to the same place? and obviously the wiring as well. going to look at getting a micra soon and start to do it but any advice you could give me would be great :)

#83 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

main things im worrying about with the micra is the location of the gear stick, im not sure if it locates to the same place?

The Micra gear change system is similar to the Mini with the two rods, they just need shortening a bit. Haven't you looked at all the other Micra threads? most have photos of the gear-change and how they've modified them.

This is one lifted up inside the car, none of the others are like this one http://www.theminifo...a-engined-mini/
Posted Image

Edited by Artstu, 28 February 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#84 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

the gear linkage is easy to sort out its making the sub frame and alternator mountings and for me ignition side what is the biggest challenge

#85 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

well take the subframe into college next week carry on with it do some major reinforcement need to make some head way with this just got no time and a distinct lack of money atm but hey ho thats life il keep on pushing

Edited by lucas1amps, 17 March 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#86 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

so 6mm sheet has arrived at the cost of 30 squid Jordan (pickuptruck1994) has modified the subframe further beefing it up making it stronger just make some engine mounts and bottom tie bar mounts and the subby is pretty much done wiring loom has been ordered and is being made by Wilson1330 ive gone with megajolt as there seems to be a distinct lack of people capable in mapping DTA and mega jolt worked out 150 quid cheaper, shell is being sent away to be welded and manifolds made by (JPtemplett automotive) as I haven't got the time to do it myself due to my mk1 metro and other minis needing work so its all going on next big component needed is a allspeed pedal box should get my webers back from the blasters soon

Edited by lucas1amps, 06 April 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#87 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

We need more pictures :P

#88 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Pictures will follow very soon hope to have the engine mounted it the frame by the end of the week!

#89 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image well mini is being taken away for welding crack on with the metro

#90 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

the main reason i have decided to go micra is due to the fact i can use standard subframe and just modify it, dont have the spare cash to buy a completly different subby. main things im worrying about with the micra is the location of the gear stick, im not sure if it locates to the same place? and obviously the wiring as well. going to look at getting a micra soon and start to do it but any advice you could give me would be great :)

No more effort to build a sub frame for a micra engine compared to a vauxhall one. Its engine mounts that take the time and you will need these on either.

I have built one for a small block vauxhall engine and my MSc project was to design one for a mini so that no body work modifications are needed. Inlet needs modifying a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users