33 replies to this topic

#16 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I declared everything on my car, (wheels, seats, steering wheel) just because if they can find a way not to pay out they wont pay out,

Did your premium rise much?

I am 19 and no no claims, and it didnt rise at all as they didnt change the value of the vehicle, but I wanted to change the exhaust which was going to cost me about £70 more as its a performance mod

What company are you with?

Adrian flux

#17 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Ok mate. Thanks for your help!

#18 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm with Admiral Multi car. I have a 2010 Skoda Octavia vRS standard of course & my Cooper RSP with them, 165 Yoko's declared, & the Maniflow LCB & Maniflow twin box also declared. I'm 36 with 7yrs no claims my girlfriend is 30 & learning to drive.
I'm insured as main driver on the vRS & my girlfriend is insured as secondary driver that is £530 (full business use by me 30k per year), the RSP is insured as the GF as main driver & me secondary, the GF can earn NCB this way, the RSP is £340.

#19 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Did the policy price change when you declared the mods?

#20 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

It did. The mini went up by £60. I read an article recently in an old mini world magazine (from 1996 I think) wherein a woman purchased a mini flame red second hand, she was asked when she insured it 'Any mods'? She declared NO. Into her first years insurance she rear ended somebody, no problem everyone thought.
When the insurers inspected the car they noticed the Rover minilites, investigating further they discovered that the minilites never made it onto the flame red until 1990, as she had a 1989 model it should have technically had Mayfair style wheel trims they flatly voided her insurance, no refund, she was left to pay for all the damage & medical expenses as anybody uninsured would. PM me your email address if you want to read further & I'll scan you the article.
I've also got a slightly ported inlet on my RSP and a modified BDP needle as opposed to the standard BFY, these were not declared to the insurers, of course if they knew this as fact then they would void my insurance but how the heck will they detect a ported inlet & ground BDP needle. I'd always declare the visual & detectable things but anything other than that & things start to get anal.

#21 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Admiral wont pay out for modifications in the event of a claim. Your fault or otherwise.

#22 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Mine has alloys, different interior, removable steering wheel, exhaust, wood dash, suspension mods. None of the, changed the premium. But I had to ring them 3 times to get them to put it on the policy. They kept saying it was on the system and was ok but I wanted it in writing that they knew. Next to each mod was £0 for premium change.

#23 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Mine has alloys, different interior, removable steering wheel, exhaust, wood dash, suspension mods. None of the, changed the premium. But I had to ring them 3 times to get them to put it on the policy. They kept saying it was on the system and was ok but I wanted it in writing that they knew. Next to each mod was £0 for premium change.

What company was that with?

#24 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

What company was that with?

Adrian Flux. They seem pretty chilled out, but I am 40 so that helps. I asked about swapping to a 1275 and they said that would add £15, so up to £90 total. Age does have some advantages.

#25 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Thats ridiculous! haha!

#26 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thats ridiculous! haha!

It's expensive, my MGB is only £58 a year and that is parked outside.

#27 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

WHAAAAAAT!?

Lucky Bugger!

#28 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just thought I would let you guys know... Admiral wanted £457 to insure me for a year with all mods declared. I gave Adrian Flux a ring and they have sorted it for £295 with all mods.

Happy as Larry!

#29 Marc_mcq

Marc_mcq

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up about Adrian Flux!

#30 conlad

conlad

Previously known as ct16mini.

• Noobies
  • 2,054 posts
  • Local Club: Hilltop Minis

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Did you try graham Sykes pal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users