#32 mulejones

mulejones

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: mini diddlers, of retford

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

I blitzed a Boxster off the lights................................. it was a bird driving and i did go on yellow. Does this count?

#33 adammini

adammini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

An old 911 round a roundabout, he wasnt best pleased..... especially back then my mini was rusty as hell!

Ad

#34 Pimp1

Pimp1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Local Club: Leamington Spa Mini Massive

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

I once had a race with a mate in a fiat bravo 1.8 on the way home from work. I ended up in the hedge with three wheels but i was in the lead when i entered the hedge. Ah well, better luck next time!

#35 tomtic

tomtic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

My City E doesn't go fast enough to beat other cars, but oh well :w00t:

#36 Mini bullet

Mini bullet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

ive had a pug 106gti down the back road when i worked at braintree McD's. and a bmw m3 off the lights down southend, although he was with 4 other BIG blokes and i was on my own. prob a good job i did'nt stop to say hi :w00t:

also raced a biggy cooper S comming back from L2B '03, well he had 100% rover free and i had 100% BMW free (ironic what with my car being a german ltd edition)

#37 Volf

Volf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:17 PM

I cant really beat anything on strights, but on the backroads and twisty lanes, I can outrun things behind me (Like Bimis! :angel: )

As for "Racing" on the street, I try not to do that, Unless some one peeves me off :dontgetit: But Im forever pulling away from everyone else at the lights! :o Always pull a funny face when I fly off the lights (Makes me laugh and the reaction I get from other drivers makes me laugh even more!)

*Pulls away from the lights*
*Pulls a face like "AaaAGH! the G force!!"
*Looks at mirror to see reaction*

:w00t:

#38 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

I can honestly say i've never broken the speed limit in a "race". Pulling away from the lights rapid, sure, but what's the point after that? Proper racing and "equipment measuring" is done on a track.

Be safe out there, and lets hear of more Porsche kills (preferably not of Boxsters driven by Girlies! :w00t: )

#39 v8mini

v8mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Local Club: Minis on the run

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:27 PM

down southend

Love that expression, I used to go "down southend" with the lads in my youth before they change the seafront so you couldn’t do the circuit.
once on the way down southend, me and my mate had our minis at the lights first time ever and got pulled over by an unmarked Scorpio cosworth a few miles up the road, still swear I didn’t go above 50 as I stopped accelerating in 3rd and didn’t used to rev it that high

#40 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

if anybody knows skelmersdale, theres an awesome one way "ring" round an industrial estate w/ half mile straights. when i was working up there we were watching bikes go round it like the moto gp. off the lights im always first, and on the twisty stuff i stay ahead of most things pretty well. straights are another story though - not enough go in that 998! bring on the 1293 :w00t:

#41 Goldeeno

Goldeeno

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local Club: The RCMOC (Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club) (www.rcmoc.org)

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:21 AM

I got a lotus carlton away from a set of lights. My engine was slightly thrashed, i dont think the carlton broke 2000rpm, so technically i beat it, but i dont think he was trying? Im not sure tho? LOL

#42 retrodan

retrodan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: kentish mini's

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

i have just finished running my mini in with its new engine and have beaten = clio 182 cup/ 106/ 306 gti's/ bini cooper and standard bini 's' xr2i's and other hatches not had chance on bigger stuff, but hoping to prove mini power to them! its all about how light u can make ur mini! plus big 1380 bill richards engine helps!!!

#43 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:04 PM

I got a lotus carlton away from a set of lights. My engine was slightly thrashed, i dont think the carlton broke 2000rpm, so technically i beat it, but i dont think he was trying? Im not sure tho? LOL

He has nothing to prove

#44 retrodan

retrodan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: kentish mini's

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:11 PM

i have everything to prove, i want to beat my dads 250 bhp bini cooper 's' he will stop taking the *yellow human water* when i smoke him or atleast keep up with him + he helped build my mini!!! at castle combe i will prove it to other mini's aswell and i mean to real mini with 8v push rod enginges!!!

#45 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Righteo, whatever :w00t:

Keep dreaming. What size engine have you got?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users