1275GTS

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Local Club: bmc

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Back to original? Really? It looks really nice as it is :D

Yep, returning it back to standard as I am selling it in the spring.

#18 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Rog has John Cooper's one, here with Tommy
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mine is the red one behind Tommy and to the left. I have another picture in my attachments collection but I was struggling to work out how to reattach it here. She has the S conversion plus handling pack and every other option that was available in the 1991 John Cooper brochure.
I think black is definitely one of the best three colours available for the RSP .... just after red and BRG.

#19 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Rog has John Cooper's one, here with Tommy
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mine is the red one behind Tommy and to the left. I have another picture in my attachments collection but I was struggling to work out how to reattach it here. She has the S conversion plus handling pack and every other option that was available in the 1991 John Cooper brochure.
I think black is definitely one of the best three colours available for the RSP .... just after red and BRG.

What is in the handling pack?

#20 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Here - http://www.rsp-coope...s/Handling1.JPG Tommy only came with the S pack - I would have loved him to have come with the handling pack too, but never mind

#21 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

It looks like the handling pack is:

x5 165/60/12 tyres. I think the standard ones are 145/70/12?
Adjustable Spax shocks
x2 rear spacers and longer wheel studs.

The drums are already spaced so how thick are these spacers?

I do not have a decent set of tyres for mine so I may go for the 165/60/12 and see what they are like. Spacers and studs are pretty cheap (£15) so may try them too.

#22 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

The handling pack tyres were Dunlop SP sport, which are no longer available in this size. My spare is still one of these, partly worn. My current tyres are Falken 165/60/12. If I had the choice I would have Yokohama A539.
I also have an MPi which had standard Pirelli Cinturato tyres. I collected a set of 5 unused Pirellis but never used them when I realised that rubber has a limited life so I put on Yoko A539 165/60/12s instead. I didn't put any spacers on, which may be a mistake but I never had a problem.
I seem to remember Alistair Vines, who was responsible for getting the RSP into production and who owns the very first one, saying at Beaulieu that the 145/70/12s were a compromise maybe to do with supply issues. This standard was never changed over the next decade.

#23 iMurray

iMurray

Mild Cheddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

so who owns? "hi fun" ?

#24 iMurray

iMurray

Mild Cheddar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

oe "hi spec" for that matter

#25 gronkjor

gronkjor

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'd like to try a Mini with the "Handling Pack". My MPI Cooper is pretty much original so when I recently bought new tyres I stuck with the 145/70 12. I'm driving with adjustable dampers. I think it handles great the way it's setup now. That said I've never tried wider tyres.

All your Rsp's looks great!

#26 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

any more RSP?

#27 JollyMole

JollyMole

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Local Club: Tynemouth MiniClub

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Here's my RSP, bought in Nov '11 from a lad who works in the minispares at potters bar. She's done over 100,000 miles but had the engine re-done to 1310cc not long ago. Pulls like a train.

Posted Image

She's rather affectionately called Bloody 'Nora' after shouting it more than once at her! haha. Here's a picture of her in my favourite parking space at the Metro Centre:

Posted Image

It's not cross-hatched so if you ask me, it's a space, even if the passenger has to Bo-Duke it to get in. :proud:

Last picture- I swear:

Posted Image

I'm on the SMF too and I never, ever get tired of the perfect mini-feel that driving an RSP gives.

#28 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Looks good. Have you ever thought about painting it Black?

#29 JollyMole

JollyMole

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Local Club: Tynemouth MiniClub

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hahaha, Rog'd kill you for saying that mate. :lol: . .. though I must agree, Black RSP's are THE mutts nutts. :whistling:

Nora is dying for a new paintjob, just lost my job so it looks like I'm going to have to sell her though. Absolutely gutted to be honest, still haven't tried to face doing it. haha. Mechanically, she's spot on, even the electrical gremlins have been done over and I haven't had a hiccup with the car in a long, long time. Just wish I could put a grand or so into her to get the paint as good as her mechanics.

#30 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hahaha, Rog'd kill you for saying that mate. :lol: . .. though I must agree, Black RSP's are THE mutts nutts. :whistling:

Nora is dying for a new paintjob, just lost my job so it looks like I'm going to have to sell her though. Absolutely gutted to be honest, still haven't tried to face doing it. haha. Mechanically, she's spot on, even the electrical gremlins have been done over and I haven't had a hiccup with the car in a long, long time. Just wish I could put a grand or so into her to get the paint as good as her mechanics.

I got mine from Rog so he did have a Black one. He secretly wants to paint his red one. :lol:

I don't think they make a lot of money when a bit tatty; best to keep it and enjoy it until you can afford to spruce it up. ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users