#31 Wigeon Incognito

Wigeon Incognito

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

You've seen mine but I'll join in this thread too - for the benefit of everyone else it's an RSP S currently in restoration and yes the signatures are being reinstated:

Posted Image

#32 JollyMole

JollyMole

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Local Club: Tynemouth MiniClub

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I got mine from Rog so he did have a Black one. He secretly wants to paint his red one. :lol:

I don't think they make a lot of money when a bit tatty; best to keep it and enjoy it until you can afford to spruce it up. ;D

I somehow think he doesn't! haha.

Problem for me with Nora is that she was built in the same month I was born, and registered a couple months later. It's a funny little "bond" and I can't get in the frame of mind to part with her. I spent all my money restoring my first mini though, THEN lost my job so i've ended up in poop creek without a paddle. Tough times, tough decisions.

I paid a fair price for the RSP, like you say though, it's the if's and buts of selling them tatty. Puts people in a doubting frame of mind i think. If I had a grand she'd look gorgeous and I'd probably have around a 4 grand car to part with instead (or more, lots of the rare stuff still left on her, except the HT's and coil sticker >_< )

What I'm thinking though is hang on a couple more years and sell aroudn the 25th anniversary year. ;D

You've seen mine but I'll join in this thread too - for the benefit of everyone else it's an RSP S currently in restoration and yes the signatures are being reinstated:

Been thinking about buying Cooper lamp covers for ages, think you just convinced me they look spot on on the RSP! :proud:

#33 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

I know of a nice rsp for sale... Not mine

#34 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Here is the picture I failed to attach earlier.
CRW_7227.jpg

#35 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I know of a nice rsp for sale... Not mine

Let me know the details and I'll pass them on to the RSP Register.

#36 rids

rids

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hahaha, Rog'd kill you for saying that mate. :lol: . .. though I must agree, Black RSP's are THE mutts nutts. :whistling:

Nora is dying for a new paintjob, just lost my job so it looks like I'm going to have to sell her though. Absolutely gutted to be honest, still haven't tried to face doing it. haha. Mechanically, she's spot on, even the electrical gremlins have been done over and I haven't had a hiccup with the car in a long, long time. Just wish I could put a grand or so into her to get the paint as good as her mechanics.

I think you were parked outside my work a couple of weeks ago,,,white street walker. if so you were brave parking it there!

#37 JollyMole

JollyMole

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Local Club: Tynemouth MiniClub

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hahaha, Rog'd kill you for saying that mate. :lol: . .. though I must agree, Black RSP's are THE mutts nutts. :whistling:

Nora is dying for a new paintjob, just lost my job so it looks like I'm going to have to sell her though. Absolutely gutted to be honest, still haven't tried to face doing it. haha. Mechanically, she's spot on, even the electrical gremlins have been done over and I haven't had a hiccup with the car in a long, long time. Just wish I could put a grand or so into her to get the paint as good as her mechanics.

I think you were parked outside my work a couple of weeks ago,,,white street walker. if so you were brave parking it there!

I certainly did! Risky business I know! haha. I was down in BFE for a week or so doing some work. All the "normal cars" in the family were unavailable, put my trust in a walker security guard.. even that was risky! I didn't see another mini there so I take it you were more sensible? haha

#38 rids

rids

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I certainly did! Risky business I know! haha. I was down in BFE for a week or so doing some work. All the "normal cars" in the family were unavailable, put my trust in a walker security guard.. even that was risky! I didn't see another mini there so I take it you were more sensible? haha

only use mine for work when i have to! to risky leaving it there on a regular basis. the security guard is for a different company, ive tried parking in there but he wouldnt let me. (ive since heard for a bottle of whisky at xmas he could be tempted to let me park next to his caravan.

#39 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Here's mine I failed to add earlier, standard RSP so none of that 'S' mularky (i'm just jealous)
Only difference from these pics to now is that it now has over-riders, and now has a dent in the roof from the lawnmower landing on it :wacko:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by petehuws, 06 March 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#40 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Looks like its in nice condition; I can't see any rust.

Why are you putting lawnmowers on the roof? Did you have grass growing on the sunroof? :lol:

#41 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Looks like its in nice condition; I can't see any rust.

Why are you putting lawnmowers on the roof? Did you have grass growing on the sunroof? :lol:

I knew somebody would ask this... I have a lawnmower hanging on the wall of my garage and did some juggling around of bits in the garage the other month, suffice to say it was like domino rally (younger readers are lost here), my car door on exiting the mini knocked the newly positioned cycle carrier which knocked some newly positioned plyboard I had stacked which ultimately dislodged the lawnmower, it now sports a 6" round dent in the roof, however going by the almighty bang when it landed I was expecting it to look like a cartoon flattened car afterwards.

#42 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

LOL its one of those moments when everything goes in slow mo and you think you can catch before it falls.

#43 jimgreen

jimgreen

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Here's Henry - we've had him from new :-). He's completely standard
Posted Image

Here's Tommy. We got him in July 2011 with 13,000 on the clock - he how has 21,000 :-). He has the S pack, but other than that, he's standard too
Posted Image

And one of them together :-)
Posted Image

RSP's 20th anniversary. Henry's the third red one in from the left. It was a fantastic day and run :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

amazing photos!

#44 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

This was parked on whats left of the Brooklands course today! Only R.S.P I saw there!

Posted Image

#45 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Looks nice; I would ditch the chrome wipers though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users