2 replies to this topic

#1 spraymaster

spraymaster

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

what do have to do next to remove the gngine with the subframe and can some one exsplain to me a bit about brake lines please Attached File  image_1362765599995003.jpg   26.89K   9 downloads

#2 mk=john

mk=john

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Local Club: Milton Keynes Mini Club, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Some people prefer to do engine removals by dropping the front subby with the unit, others, like me, prefer to remove the engine through the top. But it all depends on what you are doing.

If all you need to do is remove the engine, dealing with brake lines can be more bother than its really worth, which means if it was me, i would lift the engine unit upward instead.

But if its a lot more that needs doing than just the engine, ie, suspension parts, brake lines, subby painting etc, then go for the subby and engine removal from below.

There is no right or wrong really, but just weigh up what you are trying to achieve so you dont end up doing lots more work than necessary, such as reinstating brake lines on the subby, brake bleeding etc.

John

#3 spraymaster

spraymaster

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Some people prefer to do engine removals by dropping the front subby with the unit, others, like me, prefer to remove the engine through the top. But it all depends on what you are doing.

If all you need to do is remove the engine, dealing with brake lines can be more bother than its really worth, which means if it was me, i would lift the engine unit upward instead.

But if its a lot more that needs doing than just the engine, ie, suspension parts, brake lines, subby painting etc, then go for the subby and engine removal from below.

There is no right or wrong really, but just weigh up what you are trying to achieve so you dont end up doing lots more work than necessary, such as reinstating brake lines on the subby, brake bleeding etc.

John

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users