#108 scott_65_cooper_s

scott_65_cooper_s

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Local Club: open to suggestions

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Pre '63 I believe with the recircuitulary heater. The tap in the head didn't have a cable and the knob on the dash was electrical. I think it was basically a variable resistor, so changed heater blower speed.

#109 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Seen....

It looks like it was only fitted to super or as an option, it's in my parts book for the early 60's :-)

However the water flow is only controlled by the position of the tap, ie open, closed or possibly anywhere inbetween.

#110 midridge2

midridge2

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Well done carlos, that shows what the mini community can do to help.

#111 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well done carlos, that shows what the mini community can do to help.

I was passing (kind of) so thought I'd pop in

#112 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well everyone is asking all these things like, air locks and checking thermostats but, no-one has bothered to check if you have twisted the knob for the heater controls to Hot properly.

What Mini have yougot Noah, in over 30 years I'm yet to see a mini with a twist control ? all the heater controls Iv'e used, sold or fitted have been pull and push only to operate.

Are you sure you haven't got some modified unit ?

To be honest it's highly possible, Mine is activated via a twist. Probably a bodge repair. Its 94 35'. Bits of SPI bits of carb.

What I meant by that was that he's used the switch properly....There was a thread YONKS ago where there was a hole group of people that didn't know how to use it :)

#113 MRA

MRA

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well everyone is asking all these things like, air locks and checking thermostats but, no-one has bothered to check if you have twisted the knob for the heater controls to Hot properly.

What Mini have yougot Noah, in over 30 years I'm yet to see a mini with a twist control ? all the heater controls Iv'e used, sold or fitted have been pull and push only to operate.

To be honest it's highly possible, Mine is activated via a twist. Probably a bodge repair. Its 94 35'. Bits of SPI bits of carb.

What I meant by that was that he's used the switch properly....There was a thread YONKS ago where there was a hole group of people that didn't know how to use it :)

Are you saying that you have a 95 mini but your heater control is twist to operate ?

Do you not have to pull it at all ?

Can you ad some photo's ??

#114 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Are you saying that you have a 95 mini but your heater control is twist to operate ?

You physically can't pull. Well unless your He-man....

1994. It looks the same as every other Mini of its age, but my car is filled with bodges from 8 previous owners, like the immobiliser, thats wired in hilariously badly, via a 3/4" Jack plug thing. Oh god its hilarious.

#115 MRA

MRA

• Banned
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

1994. It looks the same as every other Mini of its age, but my car is filled with bodges from 8 previous owners, like the immobiliser, thats wired in hilariously badly, via a 3/4" Jack plug thing. Oh god its hilarious.

So you should be able to pull yours but its "past it's sell by date" ??

#116 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

So you should be able to pull yours but its "past it's sell by date" ??

I think so, however, it twists. But, it still activates hot and cold via twist.

#117 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Got a photo of the valve? I'm intreuigued

#118 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Inline one, its not got a take off one on the head.

#119 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

119 replies :lol:

Is it fixed yet? .If not I can offer my services if you want someone to bob round and poke it with a stick for what its worth. ;D

Al

#120 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Inline one, its not got a take off one on the head.

In that case twisting it should have no affect at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users