Photo

How Come It Says Warn Count Under My Picture?

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#106 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Really Phil? The words in the picture you posted are STILL in the swear filter as you can see from above but by posting a pic it circumvented it! And are we going to get a post whining about the fact you got a warning every time it happens?? This time it was justified, it was reported by a couple o members and picked up by the mod who warned you who happens to agree with why it was reported, as do I and the rest of the admin team.
With the new warning system that was publicly announced recently this warning doesn't even stop you from doing anything so just take it on the chin. The fact you reposted the pic with the swearing caption removed also means you knew you were chancing your luck.

#107 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

When was the warning thing publically announced?

#108 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

What warning thing?

When you first sign up to the forum you agree yo a set of rules. The warning system is explained in there.

#109 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Scallywag i think you are wrong TMF has been like this quite a while bar a couple of good "staff" this site is moderated for children by people who think they are important.

You have to accept it for what it is as no-one is interested in actually changing the site for the better although they think they do, in my experiance the "staff" stick up for each other regardless of any of them being wrong its all a bit incestuous to be honest, its not worth getting worked up over if anything the double standards and soap box lectures make me chuckle as it border's bullying something i am sure most would not do in person.

Ignore the "staff" and enjoy some good posters with excellent projects is my advice.

#110 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Really Phil? The words in the picture you posted are STILL in the swear filter as you can see from above but by posting a pic it circumvented it! And are we going to get a post whining about the fact you got a warning every time it happens?? This time it was justified, it was reported by a couple o members and picked up by the mod who warned you who happens to agree with why it was reported, as do I and the rest of the admin team.
With the new warning system that was publicly announced recently this warning doesn't even stop you from doing anything so just take it on the chin. The fact you reported the pic with the swearing caption removed also means you knew you were chancing your luck.

Alan. You post reminds me of an old chinese proverb:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

#111 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

When was the warning thing publically announced?

December 2011 by Marksmini, joint founder of TMF and head Admin at the time.

#112 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

ah right I thought about where it now says under you user name warning points, my bad

#113 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Phil, that is enough!

#114 mpialan

mpialan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Although I quite like your Chinese Proverb, the opening line; 'Alan. You post reminds me of an old chinese proverb:' just goes to prove my point!

Let's stop bickering about the occasional use of a swear word and concentrate on why we all visit this forum.

#115 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Let's stop bickering about the occasional use of a swear word and concentrate on why we all visit this forum.

I use it because....................I like mini's :ohno: :P

#116 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Scallywag i think you are wrong TMF has been like this quite a while bar a couple of good "staff" this site is moderated for children by people who think they are important.

You have to accept it for what it is as no-one is interested in actually changing the site for the better although they think they do, in my experiance the "staff" stick up for each other regardless of any of them being wrong its all a bit incestuous to be honest, its not worth getting worked up over if anything the double standards and soap box lectures make me chuckle as it border's bullying something i am sure most would not do in person.

Ignore the "staff" and enjoy some good posters with excellent projects is my advice.

Too true, but I had hoped that, by my making sensible suggestions, the staff would listen and make TMF a fair and fun place for all mini lovers. All I get is abuse and belittlement from most of them as some of the proposed changes would challenge their authority. It is now plain that it is pointless to try and get changes made, if fact apart from the minor change to the warning system, I have seen no changes at all. I wonder what the staff actually do.

#117 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I wonder what the staff actually do.

Now thats just plain rude scallywag630, this site is kept running & its a good site, why are you complaining ?

#118 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

What warning thing?

When you first sign up to the forum you agree yo a set of rules. The warning system is explained in there.

The ones that were spoke about, that were suppose to be coming into action, the 5 level warning system, but it still hasnt been enforced yet, nor has an appeals procedure.

#119 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I like cake
(checks spelling) ;D

#120 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth