1604 replies to this topic

#16 minimikej

minimikej

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Whatever you do, don't re-shell it. People here have restored far far worse and everything you need panel-wise will be available from BMH, M-machine or Somerford Mini.

Check out Jagman's resto: http://www.theminifo...-rusty-project/

Good luck!

#17 madboy

madboy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Wow she's special.how long was it sat up, judging by allthe weeds under the bonnet i bet it was covered,following topic

hi it has been stood for 12 years there is weeds everywhere. i dont think it has ever been covered thats why its so bad if it would of been coverd i bet it wouldnt of gone so bad. anyway needs to be put right but knowing where to start would be ideal lol cheers tom

Bracing !, would be my first move

#18 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

I want it! Don't loose those original numberplates! They always look better with the original 3d ones rather than the pressed ones. I'm sure the shell is saveable all the usual mini repairs just more spread out!

cheers ryan well ino it can be salvaged but as i have never done welding and put new panels on i am quit stuck on what to cut out and what to leave it. it would be nice to keep as much of the original metal as i can.

#19 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Wow she's special.how long was it sat up, judging by allthe weeds under the bonnet i bet it was covered,following topic

hi it has been stood for 12 years there is weeds everywhere. i dont think it has ever been covered thats why its so bad if it would of been coverd i bet it wouldnt of gone so bad. anyway needs to be put right but knowing where to start would be ideal lol cheers tom

what way would you brace it? from door to door?

#20 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Whatever you do, don't re-shell it. People here have restored far far worse and everything you need panel-wise will be available from BMH, M-machine or Somerford Mini.

Check out Jagman's resto: http://www.theminifo...-rusty-project/

Good luck!

thanks mate well hopefully i wont have to reshell it . cheers tom

#21 madboy

madboy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

what way would you brace it? from door to door?

Any where you can a pillar to b pillar , if you could do it both sides ,you could put diagonals in , it just depends on how much of the pillars are still there

#22 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

ok cheers mate see what good metal there is to weld to.

#23 mattprinn1997

mattprinn1997

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I can't wait to see this rebuild, I've got all the anticipation that I get when a new series of Top Gear is about to start :DD

#24 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

thanks mate

#25 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

hi tomorrow i am aiming to get the interior out so i can brace it so it doesnt do any movement while it dryes out. anyway i am going to need a haynes manual do they do them for mk1 minis? and is the gear selector hard to move? tom.

#26 madboy

madboy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

hi tomorrow i am aiming to get the interior out so i can brace it so it doesnt do any movement while it dryes out. anyway i am going to need a haynes manual do they do them for mk1 minis? and is the gear selector hard to move? tom.

Haynes manual I'd get one on eBay, there's an early one you might get for a bargin, item number 181122332882

#27 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Haynes manual I'd get one on eBay, there's an early one you might get for a bargin, item number 181122332882

cheers mate ile keep my eye on it.

#28 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

well done an hour just and its not looking good at all. i dont think this can be saved it rotten as a pear. no where to weld to. so will get all the bits of it and get a better shell. i dont no what holding it together still.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts