5 replies to this topic

#1 Elliskwleisk

Elliskwleisk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Really hope to do a vtec mini in the near future but can't decide which route to take. So without starting a war, i was hoping folk with experience or just knowledge could share their opinions and pros and cons of each. Any help or links to relevant threads would be greatly appreciated.

#2 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

May not be the most helpful post in the world but,

As far as I know Z cars were the original rear engined mini kit. Their design and suspension system is top quality and its UK designed and built. 

If price is similar i'd always lean towards the UK made kit, even its its only for the ease of after sale support. 

#3 Elliskwleisk

Elliskwleisk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

My only kind of worry with zcars is the amount of body modification and possible IVA test...

#4 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

A Z car mini is the only mini i'd personally worry about an IVA with, so your right there. 

Although how many Z cars customers have been forced into an IVA? I don't know if its ever happened, and if the minitec kit requires bulkhead and inner wing mods, the same rules technically apply anyway.

I know theres been a few Z cars mini that have been put through an IVA and Z cars are familiar with what is required, so get in touch with them - It may not be as scary as it seems.

#5 MiniLandy

MiniLandy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Local Club: HAMOC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Apples and oranges. One is front engined, one rear. 

If you're looking at doing a 16v swap, there are more options than just those two. AllSpeed and Watsons to name a couple. 

Check out 16vmini, and have a read about all the 16v swap possibilities!

#6 Samwise777

Samwise777

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Minitec pride themselves on keeping minis looking standard and know the quality is very high. They now have a UK supplier so worth a look! All the best http://www.plusmodmini.co.uk/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, suspension, brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users