#61 mini_man_dan

mini_man_dan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish minis owner club

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Such a beautiful car! Glad you are ok and good luck with the rebuild!

#62 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

additionally, its a good job it wasnt a proper "tricket" car as paul may not have just walked away with a sore back, the wedling on those original cars was shocking, it might have disintegrated lol!

I'm glad that Paul is OK, and I'm sure his car will come back lighter and stronger, on the Trickett shells those that were gas welded properly were very strong, not that there are many out there to look at now :-p
 i have seen inside 2 of them and the welding was truly shocking, imagine the first day you got a welder, it was that bad!

im not the only person to have said this either, plenty of other have said the same too.

anyway, this is off subject really.

Yes off subject, hence saying it was good that Paul is OK first, I had heard that the current Trickett shells were like this, but not the original gas welded ones, but I'm sure you are looking at it as more of a professional as that's what you do for a living :-) suffice to say that Paul's shells are far better than the originals, but I'd rather have a period car :-)

#63 RustyNuts

RustyNuts

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

It was certainly quick!

I am sure it will live again - looking at it on the trailer in the paddock it only looks like a rear panel, bootlid type repair - ok, so the deseaming is going to make it harder, but it looks well salvagable!

Could have been a much worse ending - driver walks away, other racer unscathed other than a change of underwear.....

Best result considering I would say.

more work than you may think when you look closely at it, boot rear panel, boot floor, valance damage to running gear, rear skins bent, floor bent, door shuts been wedged together. serious job!

#64 RustyNuts

RustyNuts

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

watched it all, weird thing to happen think took the wrong gear and spat it round, some people say its an easy fix, mmm think not it may look simple but honestly theres a lot of work needed to be done when you look closely at it, boot rear panel, boot floor, valance, damage to running gear, rear skins bent, floor bent, door shuts been wedged together. serious job! all of that either needs to be panel beaten or replaced, but good luck to paul with it, sad to think these things happen.

#65 Paul Wiginton

Paul Wiginton

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Edited by Paul Wiginton, 28 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#66 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I love your attitude!

A soak in the bath tonight is a good idea as you're going to be stiff in the morning!

Glad you're ok! 

#67 JacckKirk

JacckKirk

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

If anyone can do it will be you

#68 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

One to tell the grand kids in years to come! 'I was doing 300mph, when the tank slapper bit, etc etc.......' Never too bad an accident if you are ok and have walked out of it with no major injuries. Good luck with getting it sorted. You can be sure of a big cheer the next time it runs the strip.

#69 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Glad your ok Paul, was a bit daunting having a blast up the strip after it had happened, Good luck with the rebuild, money-wise looks like it could of been alot more costly, wheels,engine,frames etc 

#70 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

saw it on the trailer at the nd of the show, and was genuinely saddened  :(. great to hear its not game over though, and good luck with the rebuild mate! 

#71 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

One of my brothers mates was going down the strip when the sprint swerved infront of her and hit the wall then spun round behind her not seen the damage to the mini though

If you could get a message to her to say Im very sorry for ******* her up, and thanks for not crashing into me Id really appreciate it

Emily ( who was in the Blue MINI Cooper S ) said she just froze and kept her foot on the loud pedal and closed her eyes. She was ok after a quick sit down and was back up the strip. She was with MINIS Unleashed. I have passed on your message.

Hope your car is back up the strip soon as it looked and sounded mint.

Cheers

#72 Paul Wiginton

Paul Wiginton

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

Edited by Paul Wiginton, 28 October 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#73 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

No worries bud. :shades:

#74 Grilled

Grilled

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

When I saw this happen it actually nearly made me cry, I think it was just the thought of all that hard work on this mini destroyed. Glad to hear your confident in fixing it up though, I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to its return :) (At next MITP of course!)

It did sound like a mis-shift as I heard the gears grind and the car just swerve right over when the wheel locked up, everyone on the stand gasped as you was about to be hit side on. It was really quite a scary sight but I I can only imagine what it must have been like for you, and Emily!

#75 Paul Wiginton

Paul Wiginton

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Edited by Paul Wiginton, 28 October 2013 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users