#1 rjbcar27

rjbcar27

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

We were probably drunk... 

I really can't remember how it all started but that's normally a good guess for projects like this. 

After conceiving of the idea, my mate Nik was told by numerous people that 'It can't be done.' And that's the worst thing you can say to him - it only hardened his resolve. So before embarking on the project, we decided that it's so insane, we should film it. So we have. 

We're taking the full engine, gearbox and running gear from a ST185 Toyota Celica GT4 and transplanting it into the Mini. There are obviously one or two little problems to overcome, but that'll be part of the fun. 

There will be a few surprises on the engine side a bit later on, but for now we're concentrating on getting the Mini to a state where the transplant can start. 

I have no idea how frequent the updates will be, we both work full time and it's a weekend thing only so it may take some time, but we're hoping to produce one of the fastest Mini's on the planet.

If you fancy taking a look at our progress, have a butchers at this: 

#2 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Looks a cool project!

#3 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Will be following this, you guys are making a greaat project start here, no doubt it'l be a monster when finished

So is that BMH tunnel being chopped for the propshaft ? O_O  haha lot of money being drained into this, wish you guys the vbest of luck and keep us posted on your progree (in funny video format pleeease :lol: )

Cheers

Cliff

#4 filski

filski

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

i just watch it for the humour haha

#5 rjbcar27

rjbcar27

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Will be following this, you guys are making a greaat project start here, no doubt it'l be a monster when finished

So is that BMH tunnel being chopped for the propshaft ? O_O  haha lot of money being drained into this, wish you guys the vbest of luck and keep us posted on your progree (in funny video format pleeease :lol: )

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks Cliff! Yeah, the tunnel will contain the prop, along with the exhaust, so a little modification is in order... In fairness, that's the least of our worries! Glad you enjoyed it, an awful lot of time is going into building the car along with producing the videos. We're good at the car stuff, total novices at the video stuff! 

#6 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks Cliff! Yeah, the tunnel will contain the prop, along with the exhaust, so a little modification is in order... In fairness, that's the least of our worries! Glad you enjoyed it, an awful lot of time is going into building the car along with producing the videos. We're good at the car stuff, total novices at the video stuff! 

Ahh brave man chopping into the nice shiney shiney stuff haha

Yeah more pressing matters to deal with like fitting the power plant in for example :lol:  >_<

Can i ask if you're going with a mildly stock look or full blown performance machine ?

After looking at your website you,ve got a good buisness going, would be a dream job for a guy like me so to have that plus minis must be great! :proud:

Poject minx turned out well so judging on that i'd say it'l be a stunner

And the video stuff is spot on from a viewers point of view, funny, well edited so keep it as is Lads ;D

Cliff

#7 rjbcar27

rjbcar27

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

Cliff, we're going for a fairly stock look. You know, Q-car spec! If you take a look at the short 'trailer' video on our channel, it goes into a bit more detail about the project goals. There's an outtakes video too which I couldn't resist putting together. 

We don't really have a business as such, but we're building towards it - hopefully! 

Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers,

Richard.

#8 ginsters

ginsters

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

excellent stuff love the toys!

#9 rjbcar27

rjbcar27

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

excellent stuff love the toys!

Thanks ginsters! Yeah, Nik loves his toys. As we always say, 'He who dies with the most toys, wins!' 

#10 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Sweeeeeeeeet!

The voice over sounds so familiar? Like that of the head master from 'The Inbetweeners'

#11 rjbcar27

rjbcar27

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sweeeeeeeeet!

The voice over sounds so familiar? Like that of the head master from 'The Inbetweeners'

No, it's me! I've - not to my knowledge - done any VO work before! 

Thanks though!

:proud:

Edited by rjbcar27, 20 August 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#12 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Great project and video! I definitely will be following it.

#13 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

subscribed, proper funny as well as interesting can't wait for the next vid >_<  :D best of luck fitting engine with out lengthening the front  could always  remove the bulk head and but the engine where the dash is.  then have the rear seats act like the front ones  >_<  

#14 Minidarren83

Minidarren83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Awesome that is one of the best videos I've seen in a very long time and a cracking project I will be following this one

#15 rjbcar27

rjbcar27

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Awesome that is one of the best videos I've seen in a very long time and a cracking project I will be following this one

Thank you very much!  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users