#16 Stiggytoo

Stiggytoo

Best Plucker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Local Club: CCMOC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I know someone who had a scissor lift already installed in the garage of the property they bought. I'm sure he said that to get a permanent lift like this, you would first need planning permission and that you are unlikely to get one nowadays?

#17 ANON

ANON

More Jammy than a Jammy dodger.

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Local Club: pony

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

In what way have they not thought it through.

seriously?

#18 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

In what way have they not thought it through.

seriously?

Yes seriously, what's actually your point here? I may well be being completely dim, but I've clearly missed the obvious major flaw here too!!  :unsure:

I know someone who had a scissor lift already installed in the garage of the property they bought. I'm sure he said that to get a permanent lift like this, you would first need planning permission and that you are unlikely to get one nowadays?

I don't see why you would need planning permission to put something inside an existing domestic garage, particularly as planning laws have just been laxed to the point where you can now build many things without any planning permission at all. That is of course unless the presence of a car lift is suggestive that a commercial business is operating at the address, and we're actually talking about a change of use from domestic/residential to commercial use here?

#19 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Something like these?

http://www.ebay.co.u...mp&_sacat=30896

#20 dean

dean

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Also yes seriously

#21 ANON

ANON

• Traders
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

posts are 2m high for low ceilings, so if your ceiling is that low you're only going to be able to get a car about a foot off the ground. thinking about it apart from olde worlde houses don't think i've seen a ceiling that low??

it's a gimmick and as for the price they are taking the urine to say the least!! i got a 4 ton, automatic safety, two poster for £1200.

#22 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ahhhhh I see!! Clearly I hadn't thought that one through either...... I'll get my coat!!  >_<

#23 dean

dean

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Come on be real. It's not design to go in a garage with ceilings which are 2100mm ( 7ft )

That's your opinion, I have one and used it today. Yes I have a apex roof on my garage, and can lift it to full height with a large family car on it. With clearance all round.

Someone who is looking to get a lift, scissor, 2 post or 4 post , they will only be looking if they have the ceiling height to allow for it. Or why would they bother,

I bought it because other 2 post lifts, lifted too high for what I needed , post were too high, I also did not want to ramp between the posts,and not having that you need to have a loop above the top, it had to be 240 volt, and I also wanted It moveable, and have the flexibility in my garage to have the full use when i need it.!!! this lift does all this. There is only one other on the market and that's the max jax.

At the end of the day you buy a lift to fit your needs and room you have.

Edited by dean, 13 September 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#24 ANON

ANON

• Traders
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Ahhhhh I see!! Clearly I hadn't thought that one through either...... I'll get my coat!!  >_<

have called a taxi for you  ;-) 

#25 dean

dean

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Your really know how to ruin a perfectly good post, why come on here just to put things down.

Like people say if you have nothing good to say don't say it.

#26 ANON

ANON

• Traders
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

whinge whinge whinge..."oh no someone doesn't agree with what i say, make them go away"...get over it. ;-) 

Edited by ANON, 13 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#27 dean

dean

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Well such useful info you have given to this post.?????????

Like I said people buy things in this world to suit there needs like cars , houses, etc.

The same with lifts, I gave MY info on the lift I bought and how I have found it, it suits my needs perfectly and does the job I need it to.

You obviously like the one you have.

#28 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Alright guys c'mon lets try and be civil about this please.

This is a forum after all, and therefore by definition it's a place where people will air different view and opinions about things. You've both made valid points about this lift and it's now up to the rest of us to form our own opinions from them. It doesn't need to turn into a slanging match just because you disagree with each other, in fact it's good that you disagree, because nobody could form a rounded opinion on anything, if everyone here shared the same opinion.

#29 ANON

ANON

• Traders
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

ok dad ;-) 

to be serious for a mo though, you need to bear in mind the thickness of the floor/hardstanding if you are going to use a ramp. i was nattering to the guy who certified my installation and i'm pretty certain he said even no commercial ramps are now meant to have a certified installation?

how true this is i don't know and not sure even how or who it would be enforced by??

#30 Tahiti Joe

Tahiti Joe

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Saw a lift at the autosport show earlier on this year, it was a single post lift, but entirely self supporting, as in it didnt need to be dug into the concrete. Was an impressive bit of kit, and was holding a Mondeo or something up for the whole weekend. I'll try and find a link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users