Photo
- - - - -

Differences Between Minis (And Danish Law)

engine brakes suspension

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 MINI MAD RKH

MINI MAD RKH

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I suppose that optimally I'd like it to look like one of the winner cars from the monte carlo rally (here's a picture of a nice-looking replica: http://i.imgur.com/rjjHzjC.jpg ) It seems that all the monte carlo winners are mk 1 cars, so I suppose that'd be that'd be the best base?

@minimad, these are exactly the kind of documents I'm looking for, as without those I really don't know what I'd need to change to go from mini mk 1 850/1000 to mini cooper mk1 monte carlo style Obvously there's a lot of cosmetic changes on the above picture aswell, like the fog lights, stickers, roof racks etc. These though kinda fall second priority to actually getting the car road legal :). I haven't decided on wheel type/size at all, but I suppose if the goal was to make it look like the rally winners, I'd use the same as they did then =]

Mmmm, LBL6D is one of my favourite cars ever :D but that one's a replica I reckon; 12'' wheels?

Anyway, I'm sure we can get this documentation. The Cooper Register should have the spec. sheet for original Cooper S' & I'm sure someone who does Historic Rallying in a Mk1 Cooper S will have similar documentation for the Rally cars as I'm pretty sure they have to adhere to original specifications

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, brakes, suspension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users