44 replies to this topic

#16 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I've had a DS and I learned to drive that so the classic front is covered. And we don't drive everyday so the classic feel would be part of the parcel.

But on the other hand my partner is not the biggest car enthusiasts and would probably like the ease of the SPI better but she said she could learn to drive an older car, I drive most of the time anyway

#17 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Double post

Edited by haruko, 23 March 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#18 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Local Club: Waikato Mini Club

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

mmm I love white mini's lol.. id have to agree the one on the shore looks like the one..

Edited by joyce1bro, 23 March 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#19 Shep76S

Shep76S

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Local Club: L&SMOC

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Both look nice in the pictures but I would prefer the injection car, they are just a lot less bother day to day than carb ones.

What do you mean with it's more bother day to day? Do you mean the choke?

Choke, fuelling ease of driving, less servicing - points etc.

#20 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Joyce1bro nice seeing a fellow kiwi here, I was really pleasantly surprised by the white mini it was so tidy

And Shep76S those are some compelling arguments for fuel injected, but with the other arguments on here for carbs I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra $4k on a few conveniences that 4k could go a long way in maintenances. Tho I'm gonna sleep on it a few nights

#21 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

yeah always good to see a few kiwi's on here... white to me = crisp, clean lines and when its a sunny day and the cars been waxed oh the shine!!! love em..

I have a white Mercedes van for work, a white evo for speed and of course my white mini for FUN!! actually I have to many white cars hahaha

Edited by joyce1bro, 23 March 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#22 johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

does the mini on the sure have disc brakes, if not some of that 4k could go toward setting some up, so much better and in auckland i think id want discs, lol 

#23 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

yeah always good to see a few kiwi's on here... white to me = crisp, clean lines and when its a sunny day and the cars been waxed oh the shine!!! love em..

I have a white Mercedes van for work, a white evo for speed and of course my white mini for FUN!! actually I have to many white cars hahaha

I quite like a mini in white too, the lines stand out a lot more. And you've got all the bases covered with a van and an evo and a mini :)

does the mini on the sure have disc brakes, if not some of that 4k could go toward setting some up, so much better and in auckland i think id want discs, lol 

Just checked it does have discs up front, which have recently been serviced along with the hand brake too. And I know what you mean about traffic, though I don't drive in the heavy traffic living pretty centrally 

#24 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

Hi, nice to see another Aucklander!

My friend is actually selling his white Mini and is near Muriwai Beach, the auction has expired but as far as I know he's still keen to sell:

http://www.trademe.c...px?id=707175988

I actually helped him with detailing the paint as well as various other jobs on the car, and it's really a lovely-looking Mini, he recently fitted a Stage 1 kit recently and I'm told it runs like a dream.

The interior probably isn't as fancy as those other ones you're looking at, but considering how much cheaper the car is you could spend some money on making it really nice inside, all the mechanical and bodywork stuff is done. Only other thing I'd do is probably lower it a bit so that the wheels fill the sportpack arches nicely.

Edited by W1NG3D, 24 March 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#25 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

I'll see how this one goes, depending on AA inspection I'm getting them to do the interior and 1275 engine are calling my name.

Your friends one does look nice tho, tho I'm mainly looking 1275 engined ones, does the stage 1 kit put it up there around the 1275 performance?

#26 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

^^ Umm no it doesn't.

#27 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

^^ Umm no it doesn't.

I'll stick to the 1275 then. I'm not after a break neck speed machine but I'll take what I can get. 

If this one checks out and the money is right then I'll probably get the all white one in that case, little more money but hey 

#28 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

I'll see how this one goes, depending on AA inspection I'm getting them to do the interior and 1275 engine are calling my name.

Your friends one does look nice tho, tho I'm mainly looking 1275 engined ones, does the stage 1 kit put it up there around the 1275 performance?

As the saying goes, "there's no replacement for displacement". A 1275 is going to have greater torque and power output which will be difficult to match in a 998 even with a stage 1 upgrade. Much like you, I was pretty much set on a 1275 mini when I was looking for one, but in the end I actually settled on the smallest engine of the lot - an 850! I looked for a nice 1275 mini for a while and after looking at a couple, decided that I was better off getting a car with a good solid body in decent condition, rather than just paying out for the engine size and potentially running into rust issues later. (my budget was smaller than yours though so a nice car was much harder to come by).

While it's a little slow on the hills and lacking in acceleration and top speed along the motorways, my 850 has been perfectly adequate for me and the fun of the mini is still there. In my opinion, a 998 with moderate upgrades and tuning is plenty enough performance while still offering great fuel economy. At the end of the day though, it's your choice! :)

#29 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

You're talking about the 9k one on the shore right?

W1ng3d - with your friends listing to answer one of the silly questions the car does not have to have an LVV for flares and wheels. Only time the wheels would be added would be if major changes were made that could compromise safety eg engine conversion vtec etc resulting in chasis re design, tubular subframe, coilovers or full fibreglass shell.

Edited by joyce1bro, 24 March 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#30 haruko

haruko

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

You're talking about the 9k one on the shore right?

Yup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users