#62 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

what is one of those?

Portable paint booth with filtered air extraction and heat lamps.

#63 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

michel jackson's oxygen tent

#64 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:13 AM

Nice, how much do they cost? :D

#65 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

Nice, how much do they cost? :D

It belongs to the company Andy works for. He's one of these mobile scratch and dent repairers. It all folds up and attaches to the roof of a transit van. The van also has a complete paint mixing system,compressor and it's own 240v power supply to run everything. Very handy bit of kit to have access to.

#66 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

That looks great, every mini owner should have one! It deffinatly saves putting the car on a trailor.

#67 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

No real progress over the last few weeks but we have been out and about shopping.
Posted Image
Some parts brought from Bingley Hall. (and yes we do have all 4 wheels)
Posted Image
Popped along to Demon Tweeks on Saturday and came away with these
Posted Image
And these very nice seats and harnesses. Many thanks to MarkRally for helping us out :( .
Posted Image
And some more brake master cylinders to keep the sva man happy.

Should be out in the garage soon to start building again. Bit too cold and wet at the moment.

Pete

#68 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:02 AM

dude!
ya car is looking great.
i have the same master cylinders as you, do you know what size the thread is where the hose attaches to the cylinders? i need a hose adapter but dont know which one?
just looking at your piccys aswell , i notice you only have one brake fluid resevoir, (you need two for sva as they specify a split front rear system, incase one leaks) i have two on my car.

if you have two ignor me!! :(

#69 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

dude!
ya car is looking great.
i have the same master cylinders as you, do you know what size the thread is where the hose attaches to the cylinders? i need a hose adapter but dont know which one?
just looking at your piccys aswell , i notice you only have one brake fluid resevoir, (you need two for sva as they specify a split front rear system, incase one leaks) i have two on my car.

if you have two ignor me!! :gimme:

Don't know what size thread is as all i've done is take them out of the box. Only got one reservoir and was going to link the two cylinders together. Bloomin sva is giving me a headache with all these stupid rules. Most modern cars only have one reservoir so thought I would get away with one. Another e-mail to vosa coming up.

Pete

#70 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:56 AM

hi pete;
like you say production cars only have one header but inside the resevoir its split in two (with a divider, thus making it a twin/two in one) the fluid level should be kept above the divider line.

bloody sva.... :gimme:

#71 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:21 PM

After 2 months of not touching it, I finally got out to the garage and did some work on it today.
Fitted the hinges for the bonnet and started fabricateing mounting points for hinges for the boot. The aim is to have bonnet and boot hinged but with nothing visible on the outside.
Posted Image
Should make a lot of progress over the next two weeks as i've booked some holiday :wub: .

#72 steveo

steveo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

so im guessin the GSXR1000 has a water colled engine??

#73 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

After 2 months of not touching it, I finally got out to the garage and did some work on it today.
Fitted the hinges for the bonnet and started fabricateing mounting points for hinges for the boot. The aim is to have bonnet and boot hinged but with nothing visible on the outside.
Posted Image
Should make a lot of progress over the next two weeks as i've booked some holiday :proud: .

does the bonnet fit ok.

#74 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Very good fit thanks ;D . Still need some doors :proud: .

#75 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

Did a bit more today. Boot hinges fitted, just need a bit of paintwork to tidy them up. Boot now fits without any external protrusions
Posted Image
Steering column sorted. Collapsible fiesta column with a universal joint and a padded steering wheel. Lets see the sva man fail that :) . Had to modify the clutch pedal to clear the universal joint but it all seems to work ok.
Posted Image
The ford steering wheel will be going in place of a sparco one once it's been through the sva.
Got the seats and pedals located. Just got to make a modified inner subframe for the seats as the tunnel gets in the way.

Also stripped everything off of the bulkhead because Andy wasn't happy with it and wanted to polish it again :proud: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users