55 replies to this topic

#1 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

i've just started building my new dash and iam looking for a good place to mount the ps2, I want it in the front but am tied between these two locations.
Posted Image
This will be mounted behind the glove box, i'd have to modify the air vent but other than that seams straight forward.

Posted Image
This will be concealed behind a panel trimmed to match the dash possibly with the joypad's inside the glove box

#2 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

unless your girlfreind has realy realy short legs id have it on the top of theat shelf thing :grin:

#3 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:53 PM

unless your girlfreind has realy realy short legs id have it on the top of theat shelf thing :grin:

no it clears fine i've sat in the passenger seat (with my size 12's) and it's nowhere near my legs. Anyway who cares about practicality my girlfriend can walk!

#4 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:18 PM

:D got the same cheap memory card as me!! lmao! the screens a pretty clever place for it, you make that yourself?

#5 Poo

Poo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

looks good in under the dash, is in the same place where my stereo is so shouldn't be much a problem to mount it either

also, where did you get your toggle switches from they're well cool

#6 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:31 PM

have u tried the PS2 whilst driving, because im sure that the drives they use dont have any anti-shock whatsoever. Same as PC's and Xbox'sjust a thought.

#7 Poo

Poo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:32 PM

have u tried the PS2 whilst driving, because im sure that the drives they use dont have any anti-shock whatsoever. Same as PC's and Xbox'sjust a thought.

not that you could play ps2 n drive at the same time anyway, you need 4 arms and 2 pairs of eyes and you'd look a bit weird like that :tongue:

#8 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:36 PM

:gasp: thats mean i hope she doesnt see that!!

#9 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:39 PM

What you going to do with the rest of the dash because it dont look very nice as it is now :tongue:

#10 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:26 AM

i was thinking along the lines of playing Audio cd's thru it, or passengers playing whilst u drive..

#11 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:02 PM

:D  got the same cheap memory card as me!! lmao! the screens a pretty clever place for it, you make that yourself?

What you going to do with the rest of the dash because it dont look very nice as it is now

I'm thinking of this kind of layout for the dash, i have more guages to go on so i may mount them in some pods on top of the dash.

Posted Image

#12 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

looks good in under the dash, is in the same place where my stereo is so shouldn't be much a problem to mount it either

also, where did you get your toggle switches from they're well cool

I got the toggle switches from maplin Then red cover goes on the top. I bought these when my headlamp switch burnt out, takes a bit of fiddling with the wiring and i had to modify the way the hazards work but the look is well worth it.

Posted Image

#13 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:50 PM

thats sooo cool, have you got a garage? or good security? because having something like that in my car would worry me for parking it anyway for people to break in and steal.

#14 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:16 PM

everything will be made so its quickly removable. I have got a half decent alarm as well but to be honest thats not gona stop em. I was thinking of tinting the windows too just so everythings not quite as on show.

#15 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:06 PM

PS2 under dash would be better............ dash is looking good........good design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users