#31 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:59 PM

I must admit that's pretty cool... was think about doing someting in that direction in Petal some day, probably with a Laptop rather than PS2 so I could include satnav etc...

Are there any issues with cd's etc jumping whilst in motion ?? or has the PS2 got enough of a buffer to cope

#32 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

^^^

Thats my main concern. Ive got a DVD console with a screen which comes out and stands upright with the touch of a button. Ive also got a slimline PS2 which is 8.5 Volts so I will beable to get a Cig lighter adaptor plug so I will be droping the voltage rather than timesing it by 10. (serious battery saver :cheese: )

BUT do they have anysort of anti skip because it would be pretty poo if you have to be stationary to use it as the battery will last about 5 minutes...

<|Binge|>

#33 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:18 PM

i think the ps2's have a skip mechanism built in, just shook one and it didnt do anything, kept playing

#34 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

Well since it's not allowed to have a screen visible to the driver while the car is being driven, which displays information not related to driving the car that's not really an issue. Sorry, I know it's a boring legal issue and most people won't care about it but it should be pointed out that this is the law. That's why a lot of the kits for in dash screens come with a handbrake switch interface.

#35 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

indeed exactly correct, all UK and UK intended use screens come with a handbrake/parking brake switch cable, which renders the unit useless without being hooked up

#36 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

Nah, Providing you arent being a div you have no reason to get pulled for it.
My DVD kit dosent have handbrake switch kit. And its not going to have one either. :cheese:

I got my mini today. I striped all the dash out, and its actually WAY smaller than I expected :cry:

<|Binge|>

#37 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:43 PM

:cry: So you started out worried that if you didn't tell the insurer that you had bucket seats they would void your cover if anything happened, and now you're sticking on a dodgy number plate and something which is actually illegal inside the car! Don't you think they'd void you for that too? :cry: :lol:

Oh it's a slippery slope you've started on, you'll be painting it Burberry next and fitting neons and doing do-nuts in McDonalds car park! :lol: :lol:

(Not having a go at you by the way, just makes me laugh!)

Oh and while I remember, do you have all this ICE independantly insured? Most car policies will only cover a maximum of £200 (or in some cases £500) of stereo equipment.

Edited by Dan, 06 February 2005 - 01:52 PM.

#38 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:49 PM

yeah i agree with you dan, insurance is nessescary, i avoid mcdonalds like the plague

mr chav in his saxo :cry:

#39 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

:cry:  So you started out worried that if you didn't tell the insurer that you had bucket seats they would void your cover if anything happened, and now you're sticking on a dodgy number plate and something which is actually illegal inside the car!  Don't you think they'd void you for that too? :cry:  :lol:

Oh it's a slippery slope you've started on, you'll be painting it Burberry next and fitting neons and doing do-nuts in McDonalds car park! :lol:  :lol:

(Not having a go at you by the way, just makes me laugh!)

Oh and while I remember, do you have all this ICE independantly insured?  Most car policies will only cover a maximum of £200 (or in some cases £500) of stereo equipment.

:cry:

You calling me a Chav :saywhat:

Dude, Im like the complete opposite to a chav.

Oh, the numberplates are NOT dodgey mate, If you buy a set of plates (The licence to own that regestration) and transfer it over to your car. You CAN have black and white plates if the year of that reg plate is from before 1976.

DVD player isnt illigal, aslong as its not on while im driving.

Oh, and just to back up the fact that I am nothing like a chav. Take a look at This

Its my BAND website. I play Bass and we play Punk, Rock, Punk Ska, Emo, Metal etc!

Oh, My ICE, Its worth about 50p so I wouldnt worry about insuring that :cheese:

<|Binge|>

#40 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:59 AM

I think this should clear things up. The DVLA website states that the rules apply to the vehicle manufacture date, not the date of the licence.

#41 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:35 PM

cant say it fairer than that eh jammy

#42 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

:saywhat:

I stand corrected :cry:

Ahh well, The chances of getting picked up on it are slim if they are old plates :lol:

<|Ben|>

#43 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:31 AM

any updates on the ps2 build?

#44 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:09 PM

Ahh well, The chances of getting picked up on it are slim if they are old plates :cry:

Well not to talk trash about cops in general. But they can be a pain in the behind at times. Especially when they pull you over for something that they think is wrong and it turns out it is perfectly sound, than they will just look for something else to ticket you for.

When out with a friend in a Dodge Charger we were actually waved off with a warning for pressing to accelerator pedal too fast. While we were in a traffic jam and going no where near the speed limit. It was just the automatic transmission that was slipping a bit too much. He actually turned the entire car upside down to find something illegal. There wasn't.

Sure the old plates look good, but I don't think it's worth getting a ticket over. Because when they see you, speeding or something else. And they stop you, you will sure as hell get a fine for the plates.

MiniMoi

#45 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

Just been speaking to my dad (whos a cop himself) and he said if you get an old set of plates. you can get them done in black and white no poroblem because unless you are doing wheels spins and being a tit. They have no reason to do you over it.
Well thats round here anyway. The police are pretty easy here in chatham!

<|Ben|>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users