505 replies to this topic

#451 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

We had a great day, our first L2B. Had no problems and nothing broke, which was a bonus!

Sadly my lowered skateboard got stolen, my fault for leaving it at my car, but didn't expect it to get nicked!

#452 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

^ these are the reasons they shouldn't let the general public in! :ohno:

#453 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

God only knows, he was kinda wiping he hands all over it , he must have had something on his hands to do that though! 

By the time I realised what was going on he'd stopped and moved on. If that was me as a kid my dad would've gone mental and slapped me one! 

I returned to my car in cornwall a few years ago, with a kid sitting on the front eating his lunch, I politely asked the mother to remove her son from my car, and she went mental at me! Seriously, some people baffle me!

#454 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

God only knows, he was kinda wiping he hands all over it , he must have had something on his hands to do that though! 

By the time I realised what was going on he'd stopped and moved on. If that was me as a kid my dad would've gone mental and slapped me one! 

I returned to my car in cornwall a few years ago, with a kid sitting on the front eating his lunch, I politely asked the mother to remove her son from my car, and she went mental at me! Seriously, some people baffle me!

Did you speak to their parents?

#455 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Reminds me of last year when i was working on the car down the bottom of the drive and i looked up and saw that a woman had come onto the driveway and sat on the wall at the bottom eating her lunch.

I asked her to go and told her it was private property and she went mental saying it was a free country and she could sit there if she wants.

#456 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

No I didn't, by the time I got over and saw what he'd done he had pretty much disappeared into the crowd. I was fuming, didn't know what to do!  O_O

#457 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

I saw someone letting am their kid just run up to pretty much every mini and was leaning in them and slapping the bonnets.
They knew how I felt about it...

#458 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

I returned to my car at a local show a few years back to find a small sticky child sitting in the front seat, turning the steering wheel & making brrm-brrm noises.  :ohno:

My fault for abandoning the car & leaving it open.  >_<

I saw so many cars at L2B with "Do Not Touch" signs on them, but with so many peeps around, and in a public arena, if you genuinely don't want people fiddling, then stay with your car. You can't trust people not to poke 'n' pry, 'speshly those dribbly short-stop critters with sticky fingers 'n' snotty noses.

#459 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

next year take a rope barrier like they have at museum's

:lol: :lol: 

#460 dave1010

dave1010

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

next year take a rope barrier like they have at museum's

:lol: :lol:

or better still put electric cattle fencing around it :)

#461 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 5,655 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

Back in 2012 I had a pram shoved into my bumper whilst parked on the front, hastily jumped out of the car and let rip at the person, who blatantly couldn't give a ****. Some people have no respect.

So in 2013 when I had both my Minis there, I parked about 1.5m away from the kerb of the pavement, much to the dismay of the marshals. 

Had to park out cars very close to each other too, otherwise prams were being pushed in-between them. Don't even get me started on the cyclists of 2012 knocking peoples mirrors off trying to get through CP..

Edited by Midas Mk1, 18 May 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#462 DEXISWOLF

DEXISWOLF

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local Club: Steel City Classics

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

Did anybody write on my veronica chalk board mini :)

#463 matt050990

matt050990

I have upside down nipples

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Local Club: Currently Ridin' Solo :)

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

Did anybody write on my veronica chalk board mini :)

I didn't see yours? I saw one that had a dark blue paint job and was getting people to sign it with sharpies! (Other marker pens available)

#464 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

I planned to write on that blue one but missed it after I'd parked up. I planned to write on it on the way back to my car but the owner was sat in it then and I wussed out... (let's face it, it was probably just going to end up being a c*ck and balls... standard :P)

#465 matt050990

matt050990

I have upside down nipples

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Local Club: Currently Ridin' Solo :)

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

I planned to write on that blue one but missed it after I'd parked up. I planned to write on it on the way back to my car but the owner was sat in it then and I wussed out... (let's face it, it was probably just going to end up being a c*ck and balls... standard :P)

Haha yeah that have been the one. Nothing says classy like an oversized manhood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users