#466 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Anyone get any pics off mine......getting pushed the last half a mile down the road to crystal palace .... Seen a few people taking photos?

9FFBB54B-A824-404B-BDEE-3EEBC2DCA2BA.jpg

Dan

#467 PaulColeman

PaulColeman

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Dan

We came over a couple of times to check how you were doing at Crystal Palace and you assured me it was going to make it to Brighton - so well done! Even if you had to push it the last half mile that still counts in my book as you crossed the line :D

So did you fix it again at Brighton to get home? And what was wrong with it that time?

Paul.

Edited by PaulColeman, 18 May 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#468 davidJK

davidJK

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

My first ever L2B! absolutely loved it!

Hope everyone made it home ok, I did see someone on the M40 I think with a police car, Hope they are all ok!

I saw that mini, was it cream?

Looked like the wheel had fallen off - hope they were okay

Yea that was the one I saw, hope it wasnt too badly damaged!

#469 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:57 PM

What a great day! I missed the awesome suit, but my dad saw it.
My dad, uncle and I stayed up all Friday night finishing the mini off and then it went for its MOT on the Saturday morning having stayed up all night! I was knackered but still had a fantastic day Sunday :D

Reminds me of doing a diff oil seal the night before MITP, in 2012, I think. :shy:  >_< Got it ready in time, and the car performed perfectly. :highfive:

#470 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

Dan

We came over a couple of times to check how you were doing at Crystal Palace and you assured me it was going to make it to Brighton - so well done! Even if you had to push it the last half mile that still counts in my book as you crossed the line :D

So did you fix it again at Brighton to get home? And what was wrong with it that time?

Paul.

I did assure you it would be fixed and make it to Brighton...... And she was fixed and made it all the way to Brighton with out a single fault :) and then all the way home again with out missing a beat :) and here she is sat at Brighton :)

B127B8DA-B4CF-4EEC-9A91-05D3D621534E.jpg

#471 Toeknee

Toeknee

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

For a more positive 'damn kids at L2B' story... I took my 15mth old daughter along and she said "mini" for the first time! Huzzah!

Edited by Toeknee, 18 May 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#472 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

For a more positive 'damn kids at L2B' story... I took my 15mth old daughter along and she said "mini" for the first time! Huzzah!

Now teach her to say "Don't touch the Mini"  ;D

#473 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

Matt sorry i didnt join you, i got recovery at 11.00 home for 2pm. Your suits looks sick!
The rear bearing was trashed! We couldn't get the hub off. But i did spend a few hours down there.

#474 IainStallard

IainStallard

I am the first status holder 2014.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club, CCMOC

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

I planned to write on that blue one but missed it after I'd parked up. I planned to write on it on the way back to my car but the owner was sat in it then and I wussed out... (let's face it, it was probably just going to end up being a c*ck and balls... standard :P)

Blue Clubman front? He's in our club, at the end of the day, his bonnet was a masterpiece! Had an enormous ******* right in the middle of the bonnet aha

#475 dave1010

dave1010

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just reading back on this thread, how many of you knew it was 20mph in Brighton? I certainly didn't until I was nearly out of it coming home! I don't remember seeing any speed camera's but then again I didn't see the speed limit signs lol. Why have 20mph, people drive in lower gears and emit more emissions!!!

#476 PaulColeman

PaulColeman

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

how many of you knew it was 20mph in Brighton?

Hahaha I should have been so lucky!! It took us an hour to do 5 miles coming into Brighton and about the same to get out.

I don't remember seeing a single speed limit sign to be honest.

Paul.

#477 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Just reading back on this thread, how many of you knew it was 20mph in Brighton? I certainly didn't until I was nearly out of it coming home! I don't remember seeing any speed camera's but then again I didn't see the speed limit signs lol. Why have 20mph, people drive in lower gears and emit more emissions!!!

I noticed, but I'm a learner, I drive with 2 hands on the wheel holding people behind up  :shy:

#478 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Didn't notice that, then again I wasn't driving so not looking out for signs.

#479 Samo

Samo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Is the feller on here in the Green clubman with the Mazda engine?

He arrived at CP late Saturday, with the AA after his Bearings had locked on the A40

#480 dave1010

dave1010

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Granted it was an average speed of 5 mph so those lovely cyclists can overtake us but on the odd occasion there was an inner urge to get to the next lights before they changed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users