#16 Pandora

Pandora

Cadwell Event organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Local Club: TMF Lincoln

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

LOL beer is always around here. god knows we have plenty of pubs.

#17 Jobu

Jobu

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Local Club: 16vminiclub

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

Im gonna have to try again in a couple of weeks as im away for a bit. Gonna get my a meaty 1/2" jobby methinks! Any chance of borrowing your tool? might make it a little easyer! where abouts are you?

Im at Ongar Essex. You more than welcome to borrow it, but its abit too hefty to post.

The tools not hard to make aslong as you can weld, i'll try and describe it:

Abit of box section, with two tabs on the end which go over the the nut, then between the tabs the rachet need to go through so it can get on the nut. Jam the tool to the floor so it wont turn then undo the nut with a huge sway bar.

You can actually but them but they're like £50.

#18 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

I made a tool to lock my flywheel so i could undo the bolts for it, but it would also work for the crank bolt so you might be able to make something similar to that. It was 3 short pieces of 1" square tube with 2 holes, i drilled holes in 2 of the bits so the ends sat over the teeth on the flywheel and then the bolts held them there, they where bolted to the points the gearbox mounts to, and the 3rd bit was welded inbetween to stop them rotating.

#19 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:37 AM

Talk to me in a couple of months about the floor scoops and vented bootlid (if you haven't sorted them out by then already), I will have hopefully sorted mine out by then!

#20 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:47 AM

Can i just double check with you VTEC guys, the crank pully bolt is a right-hand thread and i havnt been tightening it up even more?!?!?

What sort of look are you going for with you boot lid? Are you trying to keep it stealthy? And how are you tackling the possible air-lock problem with mounting the rad in the boot?

#21 Jobu

Jobu

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

It un-does the same way as the pully turns, which is anti-clockwise i think cant remember.

Edited by Jobu, 24 July 2006 - 11:55 AM.

#22 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:56 AM

I rang up Mr. Honda asking for a new throttle position sensor, they said that there not sold as a single unit as there rivited on to the throttle body. Which means i need a whole new throttle body. (And i thought Rover were bad)

Any guesses on a price?

A clue is that its more than i paid for the whole engine!

Mr. honda wants just over £600 just for a new throttle body! Looks like im off to try my luck at the scrappies!

It un-does the same way as the pully turns, which is anti-clockwise i think cant remember.

Good good, I havnt made my life a whole lot harder then!

#23 Jobu

Jobu

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

Give this bloke a ring,

Honda parts: (01582 606800)

Where i got my engine from, he should have one.

#24 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:36 PM

What sort of look are you going for with you boot lid? Are you trying to keep it stealthy? And how are you tackling the possible air-lock problem with mounting the rad in the boot?

I think it will be like the Auto Delta mini bootlid. I'll find you a pic if you want?

I'll be using the same system used in my MR2, two bleed valves, one engine side, one radiator side. Then follow the same sort of procedure for bleeding a rear engined car.

#25 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:46 PM

I would like to see a pic of the Auto Delta, dont think ive seen it. I was going for 'stealth' vents. Like hollowing out the reg light box and cutting away the boot behind it. Also bringing the reg plate out a bit with a slight angle on it and cutting away the metal there.

If you get inlet-outlet ratio right you could get yourself a slight bit of ground effect at high speed (bit of a crude way to go about it tho)

#26 Mandgands

Mandgands

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:12 PM

Can i just double check with you VTEC guys, the crank pully bolt is a right-hand thread and i havnt been tightening it up even more?!?!?

Spoken like a true Leckie/Armouror!! :geek: Im joining 20 in Novenber mate, will have to pop round and see how the conversion is going. Been thinking of doing it for a while now, but i really need to see someone elses before i commit my hard earned cash.

Have you tried the 2 scrappies in Grantham? They were really helpfull last time i used them and have a good selection of cars.

Anyway, good luck mate

Gary.

#27 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

Im not in the Navy mate, so Im just a Leckie! :geek: The engine is in Stafford because ive got no space here, and i dont fancy leaving it at the motor club, herd many things go for a walk up there! Then by the time i come to stripping the mini Ill hopfully be at Brize-Norton which shouldnt be too far away. You might just get here to see me walking out the door.

I tried two scrappies in Peterborough with no luck, Ill try Grantham on the weekend, or possible next week because of payday.

Take a look at this guys conversion, it was in mini mag a few months back http://www.vtec-mini.co.uk/

Edited by Bounce, 25 July 2006 - 06:41 AM.

#28 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

This is the Auto Delta mini (such a beast! :geek:). Anyway, don't think its actually what your looking for.
Posted Image

#29 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:35 AM

Hmmm..... possibly not what i had in mind. Although it looks good there

#30 Mandgands

Mandgands

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

Had a good read through that article when the mag came out Bounce, the guy never said how he managed to fit it in a standard round nose though. How are you going to get the engine to fit under a standard round nose? Getting an extended front end is really the only thing i dont like about the Honda conversions, but if i can get it to fit in a standard front i will definately do the swap.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the engine and loom cost? I phoned a scrappy a few months back and they quoted me £950, which i think i WAY over priced (80,000 miles and no service history).

Is 20 still full of bell ends? I am in Porstmouth at the minute and i am still hearing stories about how poo 20 is, so i am definately not looking forward to joining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users