Photo

Atheist Stephen Fry Delivers An Incredible Response.

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

No no they are not those type of bacon dodgers! The other ones that put that fella with the long hair on that big cross, Lol.

Romans??? :lol:  :lol:

#62 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

I have to admin to being Bi-saucial, it depends on how I feel at the time - is it a tommy day or is it an HP day! ;D

#63 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,899 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

See, even bacon can start wars! But just like religion, we agree on the main issue (God/bacon) but not on the technicalities (prophet/sauce).

#64 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

I blame the fly-boys with their fanciful ideas! :lol:  :lol:  I was a normal brown saucer until they let me eat in their 'restaurant', teeeheee

Pulls pin and retires to trench for return fire!!!

#65 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

Sorry, but the only sauce worth eating these days is Levi Roots' tomato sauce (previously known as love apple sauce but obviously the GB public didn't understand the old name for tomatoes) it just the right amount of chilli in it to put a twinkle in your eye and a tingle on your tongue :-)

Great thread by the way, I totally agree with Mr Fry.

#66 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

HP BBQ is also epic.

#67 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

Now that is something we can all agree on.

#68 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

I'm not sure why people take great delight in trying to disprove the existence of a God.

I can understand why some people might have doubts about the whole everlasting life thing, but surely all of us would love to be reunited with our loved ones when we die? Why would anyone not want that?

Also, I would say its quite likely that there is a God. Something must have created the big bang, and subsequently the universe. Universes don't just explode out of no where, and whatever created ours (be that a man sat on a cloud somewhere, or a simple chemical reaction) is our God.

Scientists scoff at the idea of God and religion, yet they cant provide a plausible explanation as to what caused the big bang.

#69 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

So who invented god?

#70 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

Pusb - it is a level of science that is still being discovered. It is amazing that in the last 200 years we as a race have made so many incredible discoveries!

Personally I find it too convenient to say 'God created it' although I do not criticise those who have their faiths and beliefs. My wife is a strict Christian where as I am a true advocate of science, fact and discovery as well as an atheist.

There will always be a divide as it sits very close with those with a faith, thousands of years from now I'm sure there will still be a divide unless we've destroyed each other over which sauce goes with bacon.

#71 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

Pusb - it is a level of science that is still being discovered. It is amazing that in the last 200 years we as a race have made so many incredible discoveries!

Personally I find it too convenient to say 'God created it' although I do not criticise those who have their faiths and beliefs. My wife is a strict Christian where as I am a true advocate of science, fact and discovery as well as an atheist.

There will always be a divide as it sits very close with those with a faith, thousands of years from now I'm sure there will still be a divide unless we've destroyed each other over which sauce goes with bacon.

:highfive:

#72 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

Scientists scoff at the idea of God and religion, yet they cant provide a plausible explanation as to what caused the big bang.

I think you need to read into your history, too. Many great scientists of our past had strong religious (mainly Christian) beliefs. Newton, Faraday, Lord Rayleigh, JJ Thomson (discovered the electron), George Ellis (who helped prove space-time).

#73 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:04 PM

I'm not saying God created everything.

All I'm saying is the idea of a God is certainly no more illogical than all of time and space suddenly erupting out of a big bang for no apparent reason.

#74 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

But don't you think it'll be exciting to find out why? This is what the clever guys at CERN are doing. And no matter what the outcome, I'll be glad we as a race found out why :)

#75 pusb

pusb

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

Well yes obviously it would be great to know why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users