#91 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Mini Club

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Clutch cable sorted and working as it should as far as we can see. All brake lines plumbed in but may need some fine adjusting later. That's pretty much all of the big stuff with the car now. Started putting stuff back together for its first test drive with its new lump hopefully I can aim for Wednesday Thursday for the test... exciting! Excuse the photos being upside down... also bought some audi tt seats to put in so that should be interesting...

Attached Files

Edited by Shingler4596, 11 January 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#92 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:20 PM

If you don't mind me asking how have you wired in your alternator ? As surly its a different plug than the micra one ?

#93 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

It is and we haven't done it yet but it looks like it could just receive insulated spade fittings. Will investigate further but really shouldn't be hard :-) Conside ring everything else done lol :-)

#94 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

OK lol

#95 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Been a bit since the last update alternator is simple to wire up just cut the old plug off and put insulated spades on instead and that's it. Charged fine am the light on the clocks lit up and went out as it should. Got everything in and it's a pretty tight squeeze. Alternator charges fine with the belt set up. We managed to road test it and there was no clunking, banging or unwanted noises. It bounces and pulls all over the road but that is very much expected. Tracking is off and suspension hights are off along with the camber more than likely but that's why I've got camber brackets and arms to go on at the front. Brakes are holding too but figures that out quick, the master cylinder is too low or the larm on the peddle is too long as it's applying a small amount of pressure constantly. Easy fix. Will be more pleased once we can go down the road without it pulling all over the shop. Car sounds great too running a decat and fletcher exhaust https://youtu.be/_AkCEyoJgS4

#96 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

Bet it was exciting driving it for the first time ? You going for fully adjustable bottom arms so you can set your camber spot on ?

#97 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

I didn't drive it my father had a go. Was apparently quite hard to keep straight. I've got the kit from mini spares. Adjustable bottom arms, not the rise jointed type, adjustable tie bars then the camber brackets at the back. Hopefully when we get all the geometry in a good way it will drive better. I told my father he could have first go since he's done a lot on it but Ince he came back we left it at that as the brakes were binding because if the master cylinder and the fact it was a bit Wylye in the road lol

#98 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:41 PM

It did however sound amazing going down the road. Once it's all done I'll take it to a suspension place to get it set up professionally

#99 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:23 PM

You running adjustable ride height to ? I've got those same bottom arms can't fault then :)

#100 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

Yeah got hi-lo's front and back hopefully if we get it going down the road properly ill get a good video of it. Just wish my phone quad record the audio better as it sound fantastic!

#101 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

Ok so test drove it again today after messing with the suspension and it's great... its quite quick too... 😉

#102 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

https://youtu.be/DIDzcbMur3E

#103 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:13 PM

So

Edited by Shingler4596, 25 January 2016 - 02:15 PM.

#104 Shingler4596

Shingler4596

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

So done bugger all over the last few days really. Fitted some new seats but that's about it. Started to take it all apart again today. Hopefully next time it goes together will be the last!

Audi TT heated seats.

Attached Files

Edited by Shingler4596, 25 January 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#105 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

I'm really not looking forward to taking mine to bits again for its final paint lol good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users