#871 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:33 PM

Did you manage to get your stereo all wired in? I'd be keen to know how decent those speakers sound, as I've been thinking of getting exactly the same ones, but mounting them under the front dash rail somewhere.

#872 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 09 March 2021 - 06:26 PM

Did you manage to get your stereo all wired in? I'd be keen to know how decent those speakers sound, as I've been thinking of getting exactly the same ones, but mounting them under the front dash rail somewhere.

No mate, still not fitted it, got a bit of lazyitis towards the GT of late, hopefully when the light nights kick in I'll get it sorted

#873 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

No mate, still not fitted it, got a bit of lazyitis towards the GT of late, hopefully when the light nights kick in I'll get it sorted

Fair enough, I think lazyitis is quite rampant among all of us from time to time! 

#874 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:19 PM

The saga of fitting these front seats is coming to an end, welded a cross brace and some brackets for the passenger seats frame and fitted the locking mechanism, didn't take enough photos

r4ezJBP.jpg

xcOcQ9e.jpg

Got a 25mm number 3 pool ball for the lever to unlock the seat, trouble is when i put the seat on the frame you can't see it, Doh!!

The driver seat has a seat raising mechanism so that fouled the tilt/locking system so i resorted to third time lucky and adapted the frame so it bolts directly to the floor, rear passengers, probably never happen, will have to get in the passenger side. Again a lack of photos

1kovxPr.jpg

So that's the alfa seats finally in, I'll be placing an order with Optimise Automotive this week for some bespoke door cards with applejack stitching and maybe matching dash trim, I'll try to remember to take photos next time

#875 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

Nicely done! Those frames look like they'll keep the seats in a nice low position, should be properly comfortable now  :proud:

#876 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:12 PM

Nicely done! Those frames look like they'll keep the seats in a nice low position, should be properly comfortable now  :proud:

Thanks mate, they're a lot better than the original seats, I got there in the end lol. I'll stick some photos up when I get the door cards from Optimise

#877 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:37 PM

I wired the radio up this morning, I wasn't expecting much from the speakers, they are ok, you don't get much bass from them. I'm thinking of getting some speaker pods for the doors as well

#878 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 07:36 PM

Test drove the alfa seats and the retrosound stereo early doors this morning, I sneaked out before everyone woke up

Y4KyVme.jpg

PnEEy6Q.jpg

Seats are very comfy and pleasantly surprised how clear the radio was over the sweet sound of the maniflow. Door cards have now been ordered from Optimise, got a 6 week wait for them though. 

So anyway, spurred on by a bit of indie music I ended up in Southport at the carousel, then a short trip to the Scotch Piper in Lydiate, a round trip of about 90 miles

1Bu2VRB.jpg

FLXMIS5.jpg

Can't wait for this place to re open for classic car night on Mondays

#879 Daviewonder

Daviewonder

Needs an extra inch!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 09:44 PM

1Bu2VRB.jpg

It looks so good mate. That colour really pops! I bet it turns a serious amount of heads.

#880 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:01 PM

That's such a great picture!!!

I should go back in the shed after such a long time and continue my car to have the same color on it one day...

Cheers

Gilles

#881 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:23 PM

Your car looks stunning! 

#882 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:57 PM

Car is looking stunning the wheels really suit it, as a matter of interest what aerial are you using?

#883 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

Car is looking stunning the wheels really suit it, as a matter of interest what aerial are you using?

I used the "hidden" one you get with the radio that sticks to the screen. Works OK where I live, but can lose signal while out in the sticks. I have been looking this afternoon online for a better hidden type antenna, drilling holes in the wings isn't an option. Open to recommendations if anyone has any

#884 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:56 PM

I used the "hidden" one you get with the radio that sticks to the screen. Works OK where I live, but can lose signal while out in the sticks. I have been looking this afternoon online for a better hidden type antenna, drilling holes in the wings isn't an option. Open to recommendations if anyone has any

I am looking for the same I have tried a few, but none seem that great, let me know if you find a decent one :thumbsup:

#885 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:58 PM

Which ones have you used so I can avoid them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users