#901 StuM

StuM

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:10 PM

Edited by StuM, 09 September 2021 - 11:29 AM.

#902 StuM

StuM

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:11 PM

Just read this thread - what a fantastic Mini and a brilliant job done, you should be proud.

My own Clubby resto is going VERY slowly - like many others, life gets in the way, but also, I was blocked by unanswered questions.  This thread has answered many of them - so huge thanks for documenting it all.

Best,

Stu

#903 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:15 PM

Not done anything since last time to the GT, apart from thrashing it down in the wind and rain to the Mini Festival at Brands Hatch a couple of weekends ago with some of the SUNMC. 500 miles in 36 hours, a good stretch of its legs. The only photo I took...

guNEw3z.jpg

I never thought I'd enjoy it to be honest, but some of those drivers were nuts, I'll try to get down for next years, I'll try not to get fined on the dartford crossing next time lol

So my plans over the winter are to fit a 2 box centre maniflow system, hopefully a little quieter than the single box on it now, fit better door mirrors, and change the ebc greenstuff pads because they scared the crap out of me coming off the M25, probably go with mintex

Oh yeah, found out the hard way how bad the sunroof leaks

#904 StuM

StuM

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:25 PM

99Isu2x.jpg

One of the 'errors' I've made is not fitting the front bump-stops before the cones etc went in - so can't get the nuts on the bumpstop bolts.  Did you managed to do this (noticing that in this photo you've no bumpstops on..)

Thanks

#905 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:45 PM

99Isu2x.jpg

One of the 'errors' I've made is not fitting the front bump-stops before the cones etc went in - so can't get the nuts on the bumpstop bolts.  Did you managed to do this (noticing that in this photo you've no bumpstops on..)

Thanks

I just screwed them on by hand, there was a thread in the subframe, last time i looked they were still there lol.

If you mean the rebound buffers they are held on with one screw with a blob of Loctite

#906 StuM

StuM

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 09:49 PM

Ah, thanks for that. No such luck on mine - each stop has two threaded rods sticking out that go through two unthreaded holes on the subframe, held on by two nuts. Access to these is 'challenging'!

#907 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 06:22 AM

Ah, thanks for that. No such luck on mine - each stop has two threaded rods sticking out that go through two unthreaded holes on the subframe, held on by two nuts. Access to these is 'challenging'!

I can't remember it being much of a drama, I'll have to ask r kid

#908 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:08 AM

The ones with two threaded studs are much more of a pain.  The single ones relatively easily as you can hold the nut and spin the bumpstop as GTJ says.

#909 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 09:42 PM

We all love a big box from minispares

B0eggpl.jpg

All random stuff, dash liner, rear arch covers, fuel cap cover, door weather strips (the black plastic bits fell off both) car mats, torpedo mirrors and a manifold gasket

Was all meant to be fitted this week on my week off, till my Mrs broke her ankle and scuppered my plans, I'm sure she did it on purpose lol...

#910 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 05:45 PM

I dragged the GT out in the sunshine today, only to be greeted with a mouldy rear seat base, gutted.

LYZzPfe.jpg

A quick 10 minutes with some autoglym leather cleaner soon sorted that out.

BBdrZsC.jpg

I had been watching some original style rocker covers on ebay that had been sand blasted for 15 quid, then I got an email from ebay saying 10 quid off anything 15 quid and over, nice one...

2Y080zN.jpg

Some left over paint and jobs a guddun, just waiting for a new gasket and I'll get it fitted, I'll stick the alloy one on ebay to get the kitty started  again, cheers

#911 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 10:04 PM

Finally got round to fitting the maniflow centre pipe, very pleased with it

YLaIdge.jpg

Today we've been on the Lake to coast run with the Welsh Coastal Mini Club, a great run, through excellent scenery. Just shy of 300 miles done today, knackered now

fTWPzDB.jpg

At £1.96 a litre it might be my last long run for a while lol

#912 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 12 June 2022 - 08:10 AM

Magnificent colour,Steve..

#913 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:18 PM

The GT is now my daily, not ideal but needs must. Had to put the original deckchair seats back in because the Alfa seats effectively made it a 2 seater

Lots of jobs to do on it, first will be to raise the hi lows to allow 4 in at a time. Then a bloody good scrub, it's mingin after the Wirral to Llandudno run. I'll do some photos when I can work out how on my phone

#914 Jase

Jase

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:57 PM

The GT is now my daily, not ideal but needs must. Had to put the original deckchair seats back in because the Alfa seats effectively made it a 2 seater

Lots of jobs to do on it, first will be to raise the hi lows to allow 4 in at a time. Then a bloody good scrub, it's mingin after the Wirral to Llandudno run. I'll do some photos when I can work out how on my phone

That should be interesting and quite an adventure, keep us posted on your daily fun.

#915 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:18 PM

Just done

That should be interesting and quite an adventure, keep us posted on your daily fun.
Just done about 25 miles, my arse is numb, the diaphragm has gone on the drivers seat. May have to revise my plans lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users