#61 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local Club: QQQQQ

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Also, any chance one of you can post me a piccie of how you have fitted the accelerator cable for your injection r1 to the engine end please?

ta
phil.

#62 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

alright Phil
Not sure if the carb and injection are the same but here is how mines connected. Its just put on loosely to show you!

#63 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

thanks for that mate, it does look different to me. your car is looking good - mine is a bit sorry for itself and beginning to rust quite badly in places - it is in a garage but its suffering from a lot of condensation..such is life, am lucky to have one so can live with it :thumbsup:

#64 YoungUn

YoungUn

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Local Club: F.A.B.M.O.C

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hope you get the rust sorted out, its looking like a good project ;)

#65 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:49 PM

Update on my build...

Pics below, more to follow.

Having a nightmare with the brakes, the goodridge kit I bought - was sure it was a copy - can you believe the entry points into the 4pots were cast! I couldn't, then I overtightened one and lost a lot of bleeding time >_< scuse the pun.

Not got much left now, althought I keep seeming to say that...just got my fan installed, my battery held down and cabling to/from it done. Awaiting a new goodridge kit as I could not find anyone to manufacture me the part they produce in good quality stainless, so having to try with the same kit again, this time from a reputable retailer in the hopes that the one I got from Ebay was no good.

Bought some arches from p&l that were advertised as fitting my 13*7 wheels, they went nowhere near, but they refused to take them back so I sold them on ebay as I had no legal redress after looking at the law (long boring story best forgotten, just avoid them as their customer service in my case was lousy, they put the phone down on me and banned my email address even before I raised my voice or swore, and this was after I had given them a few handy hints on google ratings - gives me an idea for a new category actually, companies with good service records and companies that give bad service, what about it admins - enough mini people here to get the data for it and would provide a good resource for future purchasers, as long as posts were factually correct, it would be fine.

TO DO
Got to connect up the accel cable,
Get hold of a thermostat for the rad and wire the fan,
I have bought one of the acewell speedos for the dash, (nice and neat) that needs to be wired in,
Bleed the brakes - again,
Shorten my clutch pipe,
Fit a wiper motor,

Fit some arches - if I can find any to fit - help? 13*7 deepdish superlights fitted,

Get some welding done, I have too many holes left over from my last rollcage fittings that need to be dealt with,
Extend the exhaust, for some reason, my exhaust does not fit properly, the pipe from the manifold does not stick out far enough to stop the casing of the exhaust hitting the metalwork under the diff before it is properly fitted home,
Fit seat and harness,
Fit windows back in,
Retighten all bolts.
Bound to be other stuff - you get the idea :strongsad:

more soon
phil

ps the rust comment is in relation to my garage - its half finished and the water gets in so things are going off quite quickly..still intend a reshell after I have had some use out of it and have a better idea of what I am doing :(

Attached Files

#66 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

PS, yes I did use to hillclimb on those skinny tyres, and still had a better 0-60ft time than a 1.6 race fiesta - he never warmed his slicks up properly hehe.. come to think of it, don't think many people appreciate the need to do that - once abandoned my run halfway through and the car behind me (other car behind has already got started so gets a free re-run immediately) did its best time ever - slicks were grippier - had warmed up on half the track - always prefer road tyres in a car like mine for hillclimbing - they are on it from go, its only really the power machinery that can warm slicks enough imho. Come to think of it, maybe I should be using slicks on this...but that would mean carrying extra tyres for the wet..got to go..tired and rambling..

#67 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

piccies as promised. Heath Robinson air filter with pipercross foam, Rear body supports, Dash (just roughly fitted for picture using good old fashioned aluminum and copious amounts of duct tape :), Fan

Attached Files

#68 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

Looks like its coming on now phil. Keep the pics coming.

And what year is the engine inj or carb?

#69 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

its a 2005 inj, thats where all my £ went so I am skimping on the rest :(

#70 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:14 PM

Exhaust finally fitted, and even clears the black metal support for the diff now, in the dvd it goes straight on of course :thumbsup:

Fuel pressure gauge fitted.

Attached Files

#71 ludsonline

ludsonline

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

Hi mate,
Wicked project you have there. If it's arches you are after then try Dave here http://home.freeuk.c...ng/products.htm. Very good quality and excellent price

Cheers

Paul

#72 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

Thanks, have some arches now, he does some nice stuff, but would like to see it up close - lovin those bodyshells - get rid of that rust!

#73 Philminim

Philminim

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:15 AM

Well it's finally finished! After 15 years!

Car is now mot'd and taxed.

Except, they are never really finished are they...?:)

Issues I have to sort...may help gratefully received

Most pressing...
Idle is fine and car revs freely..but under load misfires badly and has top speed of around 30mph..
I am guessing this is a quick fix...I am thinking ...
Either is because the fuel tank gravity feeds the high pressure fuel pump and not enough fuel gets to pump..so without load it's fine, with load it isn't.....my fix for this would be to install solid state pump 4-5psi pump between the tank and filter to give more consistent delivery to the hp pump.

Or
The fuel return pipe from injector rail to tank is not large enough diameter and it's blowing the fuel rail open and drowning the engine..

Else something wrong on bike engine.. sensor etc.

I can't see it being anything other than quick fix but how best to diagnose which quick fix is needed?

Although the brakes are not standard I will be updating them to alloy front four pots
I currently have rubber fuel line and this will be swapped out for braided

Also going to braided brake lines to rear calipers.

#74 Philminim

Philminim

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:18 AM

Attached File  IMG_20211210_135034345_HDR_1.jpg   76.69K   4 downloads

#75 drmandy

drmandy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 05:52 AM

Congrats on the end result. And I thought I was the only one that took forever to get the project done:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users