B20 TPM

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:09 PM

Hi all,

I have a 1988 mini Mayfair 998.

I have wired in some spot lamps that are spliced off my main beam into a relay, I had this set up all last year and worked great and I removed the lamps at the start of winter to replace the engine.

Now I’m building everything back up the spot lamps are one of the last things to go in. I stupidly got the terminals on my relay mixed up so I put the earth and live ‘from starter motor’ through the switch and the positive and negative from the headlights through the other two terminals on the relay.

Now my main and full beam do not work at all, the wire that I spliced in from the headlight to the spot lamp relay is melted but the standard ‘blue and white’ and ‘blue and red’ wires for the headlights on the car are okay all through the car as I have checked just not sure why they won’t work now. Any suggestions will help thanks

#2 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

If you are getting side lights it means the brown feed to the light switch is ok. 

You need to test that you have power leaving the switch on the blue wire.Faulty switch.

If thats ok check that you have power getting to the dip switch.If not it could be the dim dip relay.

If there is power going into the dip switch than check that its coming out on the Blue/white and Blue/red wires

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users