Photo
- - - - -

Mc Gmc159 Vs Gmc160

brakes

Best Answer normini , 05 August 2020 - 09:40 AM

I have got an other master cylinder. I am not sure if this could be a GMC159. The upper piston and the spring are different from my GMC160. The right piston and spring are fro my GMC160, for the diagonal split brake system. Could the left piston be GMC159 for the front/rear split system. It will be nice if someone can conclude on this subject.

The cylinders, lower pistons and piston linkages are equal.

attachicon.gif Upper pistons.JPG

I have now got a GMC159 master cylinder from Germany. The GMC159 upper piston is equal to the piston on the left in the picture.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 croc7

croc7

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:37 AM

For what its worth, I checked a NOS GMC159 that I had on the shelves and both ports had the check valves installed as did a couple of others that I rebuilt. The upper piston had the ‘taller’ of the two nubbins on the top. I’ve had one my car for years, works great-stops when I press the right pedal.

Edited by croc7, 11 June 2020 - 05:45 AM.

#17 normini

normini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Local Club: NMCC

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:40 AM   Best Answer

I have got an other master cylinder. I am not sure if this could be a GMC159. The upper piston and the spring are different from my GMC160. The right piston and spring are fro my GMC160, for the diagonal split brake system. Could the left piston be GMC159 for the front/rear split system. It will be nice if someone can conclude on this subject.

The cylinders, lower pistons and piston linkages are equal.

attachicon.gif Upper pistons.JPG

I have now got a GMC159 master cylinder from Germany. The GMC159 upper piston is equal to the piston on the left in the picture.

#18 croc7

croc7

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:39 PM

Nice to hear.  The one from Germany is in good shape?  It looked good in the pictures.  I told Peter that if you didn't want it, one of us should!  Glad to hear it worked out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users