Martin108

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local Club: Causeway Coast Mini Club

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:15 AM

Attached File  09DDF834-77B5-4C50-A824-75507EF0D20D.jpeg   31.93K   0 downloads

The parcel shelves will need sorting as I want them to extend to the upright so I can secure them. The shelf on the drivers side is 5mm short while the one on the passenger side is 3mm short. The shelves are no longer available and mine are a bit rough. I currently have a company who make replacement panels for all sorts of old cars trying to make me two new shelves. 

#47 Moke Spider

Moke Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,813 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:15 PM

The parcel shelves will need sorting as I want them to extend to the upright so I can secure them. The shelf on the drivers side is 5mm short while the one on the passenger side is 3mm short. The shelves are no longer available and mine are a bit rough. I currently have a company who make replacement panels for all sorts of old cars trying to make me two new shelves. 

As they were all built, they all had a gap here, that was so that regardless of body build tolerances, the Trays would fit. To make up the difference here, there's a screw that went through from the Side Screen Steady Bar, through the Body and then picked up the Tray, in that gap, they fitted washers ' PWZ104 ' with a quantity being described as ' A/R ' (As Required). PWZ is a Plain Zinc Plated Flat Washer and the 104 is a Standard 1/4" size.

All the same, I agree with your thinking here Martin, the gap is ugly and packing them out with Washers, while it maybe 'factory' it looks like a Chewing-gum 'fix'. I make my trays to fit too.

#48 Martin108

Martin108

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 04:41 PM

As they were all built, they all had a gap here, that was so that regardless of body build tolerances, the Trays would fit. To make up the difference here, there's a screw that went through from the Side Screen Steady Bar, through the Body and then picked up the Tray, in that gap, they fitted washers ' PWZ104 ' with a quantity being described as ' A/R ' (As Required). PWZ is a Plain Zinc Plated Flat Washer and the 104 is a Standard 1/4" size.

All the same, I agree with your thinking here Martin, the gap is ugly and packing them out with Washers, while it maybe 'factory' it looks like a Chewing-gum 'fix'. I make my trays to fit too.

Spider, new trays on the way. 

#49 Martin108

Martin108

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

New parcel shelves made by Brendan at Tyrrell Coachworks in Wexford. I’m very pleased with the results.

Attached File  54F9D0CD-91BE-4F31-8068-ECDA233342A3.jpeg   50.14K   0 downloadsAttached File  B268A425-91A1-4116-A661-8E416885F74F.jpeg   37.34K   0 downloadsAttached File  9C96B646-F8B9-479A-8333-5C9B2F1C9DD9.jpeg   25.53K   0 downloadsAttached File  44BD4DEC-E8CA-4D3A-9F29-23B76CF832C4.jpeg   47.25K   0 downloadsAttached File  36DFEF50-5696-4261-944C-D04D2B1F822C.jpeg   37.32K   0 downloads

#50 Moke Spider

Moke Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,813 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted Today, 07:02 PM

The new trays have come up a treat ! They actually look right. It's all attention to detail for sure.

I like and appreciate the way this has been done

w6BZNU5.jpg

No doubt you noticed on the standard trays that part is just literally twisted, not even pressed. It's like an after thought.

Coming on great :shades:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares