2 replies to this topic

#1 Pierce5299

Pierce5299

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 08:31 PM

Back in early August I bought a 1966 Austin Super Deluxe in need of restoration. I thought I would make a post here for people to follow along the progress of the restoration. The vehicle is in need of minimal welding and a whole new paint job. From the paper work that came along with the car it apeares to have been previously restored back in the early 2000's. However, being neglected in storage for the last 15 years, the vehicle has deteriated. Fortunately it was dry stored, so isn't in too bad of a shape. From its time parked, the engine had stopped being in a running condition and was bought as a non-runner. I have since gotten the engine running-ish. But the plans for the engine are to swap it out for a 1275 unit I have in the process of being rebuilt. Many Mini purists might not like the idea of this, But the engine in the car is a beefed up A+ 998, so is not the original engine anyway. I do intend to replace it with a pre A+ so it will at least be period correct.

Since August not much work has been done on the car, I have removed the glass and a few bolt on panels like the bonnet and boot lid, and begun to sand the car down to get it ready for paint. With Covid putting a hault to things, Progress on the vehicle has been very difficult and I do hope to continue work on it very soon. If anyone has any photos of the car (KBJ 265D) previously or any info about it I would love to hear about it

Attached Files

• Attached File  SD1.JPG   107.25K   5 downloads
  • Attached File  SD2.JPG   113.41K   6 downloads

#2 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:58 PM

Fantastic project. Show us more pictures as you go along!

#3 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:30 PM

Looking forward to following this one. Good luck

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

1 user(s) are reading this topic