31 replies to this topic

#31 evad1980

evad1980

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 12:44 AM

Well that’s not a bad shout… got a fair bit to do before I try and start it but yeah, could give it a go.

Never heard of this stuff being used before so it’s news to me that it could be used temporarily as a coolant.

Cheers guys 👍

#32 evad1980

evad1980

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 05:36 PM

Hi guys… been a few weeks since I posted but I have an update.

As predicted…. I purchased said mini 😂😂 (inevitable really!)

So, been tinkering a bit the last few days. Stuck a new radiator, alternator and water pump on. New thermostat, housing and bolts, leads, oil and filter. Cleaned up distributor head and raised oil pressure as described earlier in this thread… hey presto, she fired up straight away almost after a bit of fiddling with the carb.

A couple of things happened.. once or twice it backfired and on two occasions, whilst it was idling, the revs shot up… almost like someone had stamped on the accelerator, I switched it off immediately on both occasions as I thought it may blow up!!

The only thing I haven’t done is take the carb apart and clean it (I will). Now I’m no mechanic but I’ve done well to get this far.

Would these symptoms be related to timing and/or a vacuum leak? Do I need to block off any of the other ports on the carb? One goes to the servo I believe, I don’t have that bit of pipe just now but I can block it off.

Timing may be a bit beyond me, but with a gun and YouTube I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users