6 replies to this topic

#1 JCMT98

JCMT98

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 02:16 AM

Hey guys, New here and I want to start off by saying thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Basically I got my hands on a 1977 Austin Mini 1000, the car needs a full wiring harness as the one in the car has been chewed on and I don't really wish on trusting it....

This is my first mini and I am very excited to get involved in getting it back up and running and on the road again.

I was looking at having the looms replaced front to back, however I thought to myself if a custom harness is possible to be made for basic functions.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

#2 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 07:13 AM

Hello and welcome on board!!

You will find here the wirings diagrams for each Mini version, pick the closest from your car and work from there.

You can use yours for the lengths needed.

If you have any questions don't hesitate, there are plenty knowledgable people here :)

Cheers

Gilles

#3 Lplus

Lplus

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 07:16 AM

Hey guys, New here and I want to start off by saying thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Basically I got my hands on a 1977 Austin Mini 1000, the car needs a full wiring harness as the one in the car has been chewed on and I don't really wish on trusting it....

This is my first mini and I am very excited to get involved in getting it back up and running and on the road again.

I was looking at having the looms replaced front to back, however I thought to myself if a custom harness is possible to be made for basic functions.

Thanks for your time.

The electrical functions of a '77 mini can't be described as anything other than basic to start with. Not really sure how much you could leave out and still have a useable vehicle.

#4 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 07:25 AM

As Lplus says, your mini electrical system will be very basic anyway so it's actually quite difficult to simplify the loom

most loom customisation involves adding more features (fuses, relays etc) rather than taking stuff out

#5 JCMT98

JCMT98

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys, I appreciate the fast response!

This will be my first time delving into anything wiring related so be sure that ill be asking quite a few questions haha.. 

Thanks for your time.

I have gone through the wiring diagrams and I am unsure if my car is one of the following - 

Mini 1000 special deluxe saloon

Mini 1000 saloon (Canada) to 1976

Mini 1000 special deluxe saloon and cooper mk III

Any suggestions on how to narrow it down further would be greatly appreciated.

When the car was sold to me it was sold as a MK3 but I'm not sure...

Appreciate any responses.

Have a great weekend!

#6 JCMT98

JCMT98

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 11:42 AM

As Lplus says, your mini electrical system will be very basic anyway so it's actually quite difficult to simplify the loom

most loom customisation involves adding more features (fuses, relays etc) rather than taking stuff out

Thanks for your time.

The electrical functions of a '77 mini can't be described as anything other than basic to start with. Not really sure how much you could leave out and still have a useable vehicle.

Hello and welcome on board!!

You will find here the wirings diagrams for each Mini version, pick the closest from your car and work from there.

You can use yours for the lengths needed.

If you have any questions don't hesitate, there are plenty knowledgeable people here :)

Cheers

Gilles

Hey guys, I appreciate the fast response!

This will be my first time delving into anything wiring related so be sure that ill be asking quite a few questions haha.. 

Thanks for your time.

I have gone through the wiring diagrams and I am unsure if my car is one of the following - 

Mini 1000 special deluxe saloon

Mini 1000 saloon (Canada) to 1976

Mini 1000 special deluxe saloon and cooper mk III

Any suggestions on how to narrow it down further would be greatly appreciated.

When the car was sold to me it was sold as a MK3 but I'm not sure...

Appreciate any responses.

Have a great weekend!

#7 ac427

ac427

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 11:54 AM

1977 would be a Mk.III Mini

Get yourself a Haynes Manual it will have the electrical diagrams plus a whole lot more information.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users